Posts by dkirkley

I've got some Gopro footage of the first half of the 101 that I'm still uploading. And some video of our guys in the comp. I cringed as I watched that stock Chevy Avalanche start (intentionally) rolling into the black side of that last mud hole. I thought he was done for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have a crap ton of old pine w/ some hardwood mixed in if anyone wants to come haul it up. It's all sectioned and split for the most part. ....but usually they don't like firewood from other places to be brought in. Not sure how Rausch feels.... :shrug:

I don't even have to be home for ya to pick it up. It's all stacked behind my shed.

I'm heading up tonight, plenty of room in the XJ to haul firewood if you want me to bring some.

I agree on the pass. I've been hunting for a Cherokee / g Cherokee for a while and there is A LOT of over priced junk out there.

Yeah after seeing the list of problems, although anecdotal, I think I'll wait until something better comes along. I really want a 2011 so I can put either a 4 or 6.5" lift on it and some 35s

Saw it on route 13 for sale in New Castle. 119k v6 $8900 (which is overpriced I know)

The Jeep looks to be in good shape. It's one of my higher ranking body styles beside the 99 sport and 2011 GC.

Does anyone have this body style? Would you recommend it? Known issues? Just looking for insight.

If this is your first time to Rausch I would print and fill out the membership app ahead of time. They have them there and half the time the line is long anyways but one less thing to do there.
    http://rc4x4.org/download-attachment/169/

Weather looks like low 60's during the day and upper 40's overnight. Little on the cold side for camping but not too bad. I'll probably wait a few more days to decide where I'm staying.

For the off road vehicle section I'm assuming I just put my jeep I'll be taking. And leaving tow rig the? Also how much will it be for the weekend? $55?

There are different kinds of ham radios. The ones some folks illegally use on trails are short-range stuff similar to FRS radios. Fwiw, there is a repeater on the property, so clubs really should encourage their members to get a basic level ham license to take advantage of that. That said, the contest is using the long-range frequencies which is what ham radio is really about. I'll have a bigger radio and a long wire antenna... I've talked around the world with that, as far as Australia.

Well I'm not going to be in the contest but I'll definitely look into the license for future RC visits. How's communication usually worked out with the noobies at the 101 every year? Just trail bosses talking each group through it? I believe I saw the 101 from last year on YouTube

anybody interest in learning about ham radio? There's a small contest on Sunday afternoon, I could bring my gear and set up at the campsite if anybody wants to check it out after we finish on the trails.

I was gonna buy one until Eric told me people like to rat out others that don't have permits. So I think I'll stick with some CB app on my phone during the 101.

The short answer is yes though. That would be awesome.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. Stafford - gametime decision on camping or hotel based on weather [/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. Whatevah - likely camping both Friday and Saturday nights[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3. Slowpoke - Sunday - Blues and Blacks[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4. Sandtostand - camping - I will take a 101 group (maiden voyage, excited to get jeep on the trail since long arm install)[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5. Kuntryboy816 - tentative due to a few minor issues[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6. JKGray10 - Watching comp - Sunday Hard stuff if jeep is ready.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7. Erager84 - mild trails, booked hotel room (2 queens) for Saturday night if anyone wants to split it[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]8. Knoxrents - Hard stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9. Lisel - (Tentative) - Easy Stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10. Astape - hard stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]11. JMack - camping, I may have a new guy with me so I may stick to the 101 group[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]12. Tonka- camping, hard stuff Sunday.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]13. cj8 - camping Friday & Saturday, Blue[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]14. Beachgirl and surfrider riding shotgun - Tentative , camping depending on weather.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]15. Skeets682 - Blkrubi. With FRED the rolling dog house (rv)[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]16. jkjeeper - I'm up for the 101. I'll probably camp, and I might bring my jeep dog.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]17. altierior - Hard stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]18. Shorebird - Saturday help with or watch club comp, Sunday help with 101 or Blue/Black[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]19. dkirkley - Saturday to spectate possibly, Sunday 101 course definite, unsure about camping[/font]

Just had my wheel bearings,rotors, and pads done today. The Timken bearings I received from them were 2 separate bearings. 1 was correct for the cast rotors and the other was improperly machined and didn't fit.

Really put me in a bind. Now I have to call timken and get my money back for whatever this is they sent me even though the part numberso were the exact same.

I don't think I'll be buying from them again. I now have a timken on the left and a moog on the right lol. Oh well I guess

I guess I'm on the other side of the spectrum. Tires and brakes are the two things that I won't go cheap on. I figure they are the two basic components that can stop you in a pinch and hopefully keep you safe. :shrug:

I was reading about there being two different types of rotors and hubs for the 99. It was in this thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/sho…?p=245269210&postcount=22

My rotor looked like two pieces so I think that means they are composite.

Does that sound right?