Posts by jmack

I need a new transfer case shifter and some other minor things. Overall I hope to finally get some of the projects I have been thinking about for years underway. And I'd like to get both kids out wheeling this year.

It certianly seems reasonable to me given all the improvements and changes I've seen. Hoping I can get more value out of mine this year and spend more time on the trails.

It's in good hands with Astape. I did mine in my garage and would never do that myself again. The whole dash needed to be moved out of the way. The only reason I did it myself was that I was stripping the interior to bedline it anyway.

I have a tj with a 2" spacer lift, 1.25" BL and run 33x12.5. I did replace the wheels with 15x10 steelies and DMV required me to put on new fender flares. On road and offroad I've been very happy with this combo, and very satisfied with the Duratracs.

I saw a 4 cylinder TJ case there myself, i know he has them but he is away this weekend

I was actually able to catch up with him and was able to grab a case yesterday. Two years newer than mine, direct replacement. Went in yesterday.

If I hadn't effed up one of my u-joints during the repair, I'd be all set. For now it's up and running, just without a front DS until I can get another joint this week.

Thanks all!

Your chain is deff stretched out which wore the case down. I know Dan in west chester will have one for you, he has all kinds of cases laying around i was just there.

610-496-1834

There's what I was looking for. I've been to his place before, but couldn't find the number.

Thanks!

I don't think the chain failed, because the jeep was still moving in 4wd when I pulled it into the garage to pull apart. But being that it wouldn't shift out of 4wd could make a shift fork a definite possibility. I actually thought it was just low on fluid until what I put in came pouring out the hole.

Planning on pulling it out an opening it up tomorrow to see what, if anything I can salvage and reuse.

Thanks for the information, at least makes me think I'm on the right track. Hoping to find the right one.

I just put a thread in the for sale section that I need a np-231 for my TJ, but I'm looking here for some information so that I might be able to broaden my search and find one that may not be a direct fit but could work. Or even if I can find one with a good case, I'm not opposed to switching out some parts if that would work.

So, I know that ideally I would find one from a TJ with a 4cyl and the ax-5, but I've struck out on that so far. If I can find one that mated to an ax-15 is it just a matter of changing the input shaft? And if I can just find another one, are the cases the same between years and vehicles? Or do I really need a perfect fit here?

Thanks

Jamie

I realized last night that there is a hole in the case of my np-231.

If anyone has a usable one lying around please let me know. In a perfect world it would be from a TJ with the ax-5 transmission, but I'm open to options at this point.

Thanks

Jamie