Posts by erager84

Dog was supposed to have been put down by now. 2nd incident in a month with it. Seems like my little finger can not move like it did before, could be muscle, nerve, or just from the swelling, time will tell.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

My dad cut into his middle finger and struck an artery once, took a while to get full motion back. He doesn't get superb blood flow to that finger but it's fully usable now. Check out those hand strength things. You put them in your palm and each finger has a little pad with a spring on it. You make a use each finger individually to squeeze down. Might help with the recovery. Could very well be the swelling pushing on tendons/nerves and muscle.
    Sounds like it's about time to carry religiously so the next time he gets out you can do what you have to do and probably help the whole community out.

Unsure, I have to work til 430 Friday but then I would be right in the thick of beach traffic all the way to OC. Saturday I have a football draft til 5pm-ish and it would be the same thing. Dunno if I'll make it down that far.

Nothing, 2 1/2 weeks off and I can not do a dang thing to it. 6 days in the hospital because a neighborhood dog decided it wanted to bite my right arm, I am right handed. I got lucky, teeth into the muscle but no noticeable nerve damage. Got infected and thats why I was in for 6 days. I was at ER 10 minutes after it bit me. Sucks. Only upside is I was in AC instead of working outside during the last heat wave.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

What happened with Cujo? Hope healing is going ok. That's always been my fear when a dog walks up to you. I want to say hi and pet it usually, but always on my guard.

I had my OEM one go bad on the 2013 JKU last winter and it threw a code. Most of my research online led me to believe the aftermarket caps will end up throwing a code sooner than an OEM cap. I ended up buying one from CF Schwartz in Dover and I think it was under $30 and in stock. Good piece of mind for me...but your results may vary :)

Might be my easiest ticket, $10 more than quadratec but I don't really have any needs right now to cross the free shipping threshold for quadratec, but who knows maybe I'll order new hood latches I've been wanting

Yeah, it sounds completely stupid but the 14 Rubi I bought has some sort of billet aluminum gas cap, evidently it's by Drake and is like $60. Well it rattles and has been driving me nuts for weeks because I thought it was the soft top or something. So I've looked and looked and looked and finally was playing with it and stuck my head in the back and reached around and rattled the cap and I'm pretty sure that's my rattle. I took it out and I don't hear the rattle anymore when I start the jeep. (It has since been put back on btw)

I want a normal one. Any one have a JK gas cap laying around in good shape before I buy one from quadratec?

But they will be selling alcohol. Just another way to milk some more money out of you. It isn't the same as it was years ago.

It's not "milking people" yes you have to buy beer because a few idiots use it as just a reason to get trashed in a public area and ruined it for the rest.

Would you rather never have punkin chunkin again or bring it back to Sussex where it started and *gasp* have to buy a beer. You can still drink your own beer in the camping area
    I agree, it's definitely not the same as before but I'm glad to see it back.

But I think the base level tow package is literally just a hitch and wiring. Max tow gives you the gear change, from what I remember when I bought my 14 JKU.

Can I ask why the engine block heater? It really doesn't get that cold here and it's a gas engine. Not saying DON'T get it, i'm more so just curious why you added that to your list. They warm up pretty quick in my opinion. Way quicker than my 4 cyl import.

My 95 yj after warming up hesitates on acceleration and sputters if you press hard on the accelerator.
    Any thoughts as what needs to be done ?
    Thanks!

My old s10 did that when I bought it. Past owner put high dollar spark plugs in it. Cheap copper plugs cleared it up. I'd agree with astape, spark plugs, wire, cap & rotor

There's not a lot of markup on Wranglers. I'd suggest skipping the tow package, since it's just the hitch and 4-pin plug... doesn't change the radiator, gears, etc. $441 is the factory price, you can get the hitch and plug from Quadratec for $90, and install will only take 30 minutes.

Invoice price is fairly easy to negotiate to, and that's gonna be around $700 less given those options. With more negotiating, I figure you can get down to around $25,500, but they'll try to make that up on the financing. Good luck!

Doesn't max tow package give you a different gear set though? To 3.73 from like a 3.21. But as a daily driver that won't see bigger tires a 3.21 would probably be ok

I Neverr had any issue with aftermarket crank sensors but I did have a few cam sensors that wouldnt work right out of the box. I just found the box to my crank sensor that i swapped out when i was chasing no start issues (Ended up being ignition switch). It is a standard brand part # pc 176. It is still in my jeep 5 years later. Never swapped the old on back in because its kind of a PIA job especially with fenders.

Now that I think about I can't remember if it was crank or cam sensor that was the issue.

Can't remember replacing one on my old 93 jeep, but my old Scion was very picky and tons of people said aftermarkets never seemed to work as reliably as the OEM one on that engine, but different engine different beast.

So if it were me with a CPS I'd go OEM but i'm sure other people have actual 4.0L experience with them.

Last night I spent a few hours getting Chloè ready for inspection. Tonight the wife helped me get the exhaust wrapped up. I still need some exhaust hangars welded on to button everything up and then she'll be all set.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

That heat wrap helped a buddy with underhood temps from a turbo on his autocross car. Data logger showed a few degrees cooler intake temps because the top mount intercooler and piping wasn't getting heat soaked *quite* as quickly. Would think same applies here. If you take manifold off you might as well wrap what you can of that too.

I would start with the simple fix and try recharging the system. Could be a compressor, evaporator or what its called where the liquid expands to create the cold air.

Larger system but a similar issue was at my friends house. AC was always running to keep house cool. Burned up something in it (minor) and still running all the time. Next time it went out they checked the system and it was low. Recharged his house system or whatever and it runs so much less keeping his house cool.

Thats where I would start.

Def let me know if you are able to do that. You'd make bank on the code. From what I read it doesn't seem like dealerships charge much for it...$20 or so. Again, can't always trust what you read on the intarweb.

Yeah that would be lucrative as hell. Make a bunch of them and throw them bitches on ebay or a jeep FB page and make some quick money. Hell AEV or Superchips might want to buy the code just so they can bury it in a vault somewhere not to see the light of day again.

I think they tie themselves to your VIN when you first use them so you can't just borrow one. These things are more overpriced than high school graphing calculators. I dunno, has anyone come out that can be shared?

When I researched the procal and flashcal everything I found married itself via VIN once you make a change. I have heard that the dealership themselves can adjust the speedo up to a certain size on the JKs but that was a random forum thread I think. Dude said his dealership adjusted it from what i remember...but everything you read on the internet is true right? I'd just bite the bullet and get a Procal or Flashcal.