Posts by erager84

Yeah, if no chance of getting pinched then fusing each item would work. Would you see that much voltage drop if he ran it inside the cab?

I would absolutely put an inline fuse holder if it's going to be supplying power to other devices. Could even do fuses to each device is they aren't already there. Circuit breakers are nice if you can get one that fits what you're trying to do. Saves replacing fuses. You just click it back once you fix the issue.

If it were me I would say inside cab to reduce the exposure to the elements. Would extend the longevity if you could keep it dry but that means running wires back and forth through the fire wall.

I wouldn't Mind 556 or 762 or 308 but I know there are plenty of Ducks Unlimited members with deep pockets that will make that a pipe dream. I'll stick to my regular old tag. Ive always been genuinely surprised they don't have beach tags that match your DE plate. The sticker doesn't even list your plate number does it?

Now that I think about it...I don't remember where I put my FF sticker they gave me :upset:

;D

I had a 2500 psi cold water pressure washer on the fender and the dried fish guts wouldn't budge. :bang:

That's about as much effort as I am going to put into cleaning it as it will just happen again next time I go out on the surf. ;)

What about removing the fender all together and submerging that area in soapy water for a day or two? Like a big tupperware top or something?

Upon cleaning I found a rock hit me at RC. Shoulda had rock rails. Getting some tomorrow. I'm no painter but some primer/paint and a shot of clear and should be good as new. It'll stop rust and the color is close enough I won't notice. Might change as it dries completely but it's new paint on 2.5 year old paint so I'm ok with it.

Edit: The area on the concrete were test sprays...not drips etc. Also had to touch up some spots on the wheels but that's why I got flat black. Bright silver spots on black wheels were gonna bug me.

The bottom picture, the actual tubular rails. They also function as a step which is part of the reason as well. If parents or shorter friends climb in jeep they always have a tough time. God-forbid I actually lift it any more lol. Since it's my DD it'll make life a little easier.

I'll get them on and see how it looks. 4dr rails seem to be fairly easy to find on ebay or craigslist so I'll play it by ear once their on. Of course they aren't in stock but at least he told me before ordering. Should have them before the next trip up to RC in April.

I am ordering the ACE engineering rock rails for my JKU and saw that you can still run the rubi rails with these installed. Is there any benefit to this set up? I really enjoyed wheeling so I'm going to do it more. I just got a bit nervous the first couple times I hit rocks without any protection. If there is a practical level of protection having both I'll find a set on craigslist cheap, but if it would just be cosmetic I'll pass.

Radios are cheap and it seems pretty simple. Of course there no testing location in DE. [size=small]Oh wait yeah there are...[/size] Seems like the fines are pretty steep and people WITH the license love ratting out people. How exactly they find you I don't know...

A CB does not work without an antenna. If you transmit without an antenna you run the risk of burning up the final in your radio.

BTW, welcome to the addiction.

Thanks for that bit of info, I won't mess with it. I am gonna an antenna asap for Aprils trip. I am completely foreign to CB's beyond playing with my grandfathers CB when I was little on car trips to visit family. I am going to return the Cobra one I bought at Walmart and get the Uniden one on quadratec...It's like $10 more but gets way better reviews. Any brand antennas that are decent? I'd prefer shorter types to prevent it getting caught.

Had a great time and I wouldn''t have made it through some of those spots without your guys spotting. Whats a little frame paint between friends lol. I took all the unedited gopro videos. Does not have the trail Stafford told me not to follow him through over the CB. Found out... my CB does not work without an antenna...not even a little or maybe I was on wrong channel. Lots of just driving on the real light greens. Too much stuff to do tonight to edit it all right now.

https://www.youtube.com/playli…57xhdIPyj8Faq9Udyv0E116CK is playlist of (5) 20ish minute videos. From what I saw they are a lot of the more tame trails we hit right after lunch. I still had the mic turned off I think from the last time I used them in my car due to wind noise so you'll have to add your own commentary.

Had a great time with you guys and I can't wait to go again. You guys have me wanting to trade in on a 2dr rubi now. For now I'll stick with the 4dr though. Thanks for the motivation everybody, I gotta get myself ready for the 101 day in april...