Posts by chuckiethecat

Just wondering.

Assuming i brought a 1.5 - 2" Lift kit and balanced and mounted tires from Quadratec, how much could i expect the garage to charge me to install everything?

also any reccomendations from Quadratec

Im thinking under 2 inches, dont want to re-gear, this is also my daily driver

Any thoughts?

When i visited my son and his 2015 Wrangler sport, he had found a mechanic that did lots of Jeep work. I was wondering if anyone knew of a mechanic in the wilmington or newark area that specialized in jeep stuff? I live in an apartment and there isnt much space do tinker outside.
    Thanks
    Mark
    PS I will be at the charcoal pit on the 24th

I'm sure this is a simple question but I could use direction.

I bought a really nice LED LIGHT BAR from craigslist for my 2 door 2014 sport. Brackets are nice and sturdy so it looks real good. However the bar itself has only the two +/- wires coming out and nothing else.
    So i need to wire the jeep and add switch. I was thinking a switch panel on the left side from Quadratec or Amazon would allow future lights or other things. but I'm not sure the best place to look for the wiring, if there's both a wiring and switch kit. or even what kind to get.
    I'd like to avoid cutting into anything so i can remove it all back to stock. ?(
    Thanks for any help

Thanks Jerry I decided against the doors. I dont see a real reason for them except if i wanted to protect from unexpected rain.

I wound up getting the BESTOP NX with the front slider that pulls back real easy.
    It went on a lot easier than i thought it would and looks great. The noise isnt bad all, i kind of like that noise actually!

What do you use to clean the top? what about protecting the material?

Thanks again!
    Mark

Hi again
    Any thoughts on the doors that accompany the trek tops?

I found a pair a guy wants to sell for $350. To match the top I was considering. Are they worth it?

again if I was going to have soft doors, I was figuring I would just take them off altogether. But again being such a newbie not sure if i'm passing up a deal

Hi

My oldest son has been driving a 98 Laredo for the last 5 years that we bought from our mechanic. Its still runs great and it changed our family from Nissan to Jeep.

I got my first Wrangler this past summer, and im looking for a soft top,
    its a 2014 2 door sport.

Looking for recommendations from people with much more experience than me.

My concerns aside from leaking are (in order)

Wind noise
    Ease of putting up and down
    Cost.
    Any advice or direction would be appreciated!

Looking forward to meeting some new jeep friends!

Thanks!

Mark