Delaware Jeep Association

Forum home for Delaware's original Jeep club

OIIIIIIIO Get your tickets now for the 11/24 Wheeling for the Stars charity ride! OIIIIIIIO

*** Mark your calendar, club meeting on November 10th! ***

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Thoughts on reconstructed title

roughcountry95

AOAA park November 3rd

daddanelena

New jeep

astape

3rd gen ram parts

pajeepman

3rd gen Dodge Ram Undercover Tonneau cover $300

pajeepman

Recent Activities

• roughcountry95 -

Replied to the thread Thoughts on reconstructed title.

He has a dealers license and apparently purchases vehicles that are salvaged that only need non structural repair. It shows the carfax that it was repaired in the beginning of 07 and has been driving it since, I'm going to take my uncle with me who's…
  • meeper -

my one XJ from DE was reconstructed title and was just more expensive to get inspected for PA that's all, nothing wrong with one
  • Slimer -

Keep in mind there's a reason they are selling it after it was all fixed up. Maybe just to flip it. Or maybe something didn't go right with the restoration. Could be a something small like a vibration they can't (or won"t) fix or an electrical…
  • deadfeat -

Quote from roughcountry95: “it looks like it was totalled for mostly body work, it wasnt from a flood or anything, it's extremely clean, and a solid 10k less hand book value” Sounds like a buy. Check for frame damage .. excessive Bondo. But if…
  • roughcountry95 -

it looks like it was totalled for mostly body work, it wasnt from a flood or anything, it's extremely clean, and a solid 10k less hand book value
  • 92Renegade -

They can be good deals but like astape said check the history to see why it was totaled in the first place also realize a reconstructed title normally kills the value by roughly 50%.
  • daddanelena -

Replied to the thread AOAA park November 3rd.

• astape -

do a car fax and make sure its not a flood car. Once salt water gets in u are asking for problems.
  • WILLYN -

My work van now has a reconstructed title. It rear ended a stopped car and bent the fender, bumper, and some grille stuff, and set off the airbags. The replacement cost of the airbags and seatbelt pretensioners and computer is real high so they totaled…
  • roughcountry95 -

Posted the thread Thoughts on reconstructed title.

Thread
    I've been checking out a solid deal on a rubicon unlimited with low miles, looks runs and drives great but the title is reconstructed, anyone have experience with purchasing one?