XJ with bad cam bearings

dkirkley

Dana 300

Stomper

Recent Activities

• SeanB58 -

Posted the thread Greetings.

Thread
    Hello all. I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Sean and I live in Newark. I am on my 3rd Jeep - a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Willys - and am looking to get involved in the Jeep community. Hope to see you all at some events (assuming COVID ever…
  • SeanB58 -

Wrote a comment on astape’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Good evening. It seems like you are the person to help with lift kits! I have a 2017 Willys Unlimited and want to put in a Rough Country 2.5 lift (shocks and springs, not spacers) and an adjustable trac bar. Is that something you can do for me?
  • dkirkley -

Replied to the thread XJ with bad cam bearings.

I bought a motor for my XJ when mine blew up from (i think) shadyluke for like $500 on here in Juneish of 2018. Had him drop it off at Astapes and got the work done for a reasonable price. Motor had 25k on it i think and was a GC motor. no regrets. imo…
  • RickDDE -

Uploaded 6 new images.

Images
    • Misc Photos
    • Misc
    • Misc
    • Misc
    • Misc
    • After installing grill inserts
  • astape -

well it would be crank bearings not cam bearings causing the issue. Also these motors generally run a long time on 1psi for every 100 rpms. The fact u see low psi at idle (under 5) is not unusual after 100k miles on the motor. The fact that it has noise…
  • MrJoop -

Liked Rat999Salad’s post in the thread XJ with bad cam bearings.

Like (Post)
    Yea I’m trying to weigh out both of those options. it’s got some dents and scratches here and there but it’s not in bad shape.
  • MrJoop -

Liked Erock’s post in the thread XJ with bad cam bearings.

Like (Post)
    you can typically pick up a used 4.0 for a few hundred bucks in decent shape. maybe find one and do an engine swap...
  • Erock -

you can typically pick up a used 4.0 for a few hundred bucks in decent shape. maybe find one and do an engine swap...
  • Stomper -

Wrote a comment on pajeepman’s wall.

Wall Comment
    I live between Downingtown and Honey Brook