Slimer

**DEJA 2020 Member Appreciation Party 1/25/20 Schaefer's**

Stafford

Pinned 2020 DEJA Event Calendar

JKgray10

Recent Activities

• YJpotter91 -

Replied to the thread Rebuilding a 4.0.

Another think I was considering doing is header, cold air intake, and high flow exhaust. From what I’m reading none of these do much by themselves but combining the three shows a slight increase in hp and mpg. Anyone have any experience there?
  • YJpotter91 -

Posted the thread I’ve never introduced myself....

Thread
    Hey everyone I’m Matt. I’ve popped on and off of here for years now. I’ve been driving Jeeps since I got my license 17 years ago. Currently I have an 88 YJ that once belonged to a friend of mine who has since passed so it is very special to me. I…
  • YJpotter91 -

Quote from astape: “my advice is to do nothing. Its basically an old tech forklift motor. It works great if u leave it alone. If u were gonna reman i would put a slight cam and mustang injectors in but thats because its fresh. ” Do nothing? That…
  • astape -

my advice is to do nothing. Its basically an old tech forklift motor. It works great if u leave it alone. If u were gonna reman i would put a slight cam and mustang injectors in but thats because its fresh.
  • meeper -

• Slimer -

Replied to the thread wtb 4.2 carb.

I had went with the Motor Craft as well. Great carb. Easy to rebuild and mess with Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  • Slimer -

Liked YJpotter91’s post in the thread wtb 4.2 carb.

Like (Post)
    I bought a motorcraft from ehrmannmp on eBay a few years back. Quite an upgrade from the Carter. His kit includes an adapter plate and the proper linkage, detailed instructions.. everything you’ll possibly need
  • YJpotter91 -

Replied to the thread wtb 4.2 carb.

I bought a motorcraft from ehrmannmp on eBay a few years back. Quite an upgrade from the Carter. His kit includes an adapter plate and the proper linkage, detailed instructions.. everything you’ll possibly need
  • YJpotter91 -

Posted the thread Rebuilding a 4.0.

Thread
    Maybe rebuilding isn’t the right word but I picked up a 4.0 out of a 95 yj. It will be replacing the 4.2 in my 88 My 4.2 runs so I’m in no rush. My plan is to pull the head and see how it looks inside, reseal everything, clean it up and maybe paint…