mystery black sponge stuff falling from TJ dash

pajeepman

89 Comanche. What’s it worth?

YJpotter91

Pinned Post a pic of your Jeep Poser Shots,Flexing Shots Welcome

altierior

Recent Activities

• TheDarkSide -

Replied to the thread **TRAIL RIDE** October 19, 2019 at Rausch Creek.

1. Slowpoke: blue/black 2. Stomper: Blue/Black (Tentative depends on work load) 3. Daddanelena: blue/black 4.TheDarkSide blue/black 5. Friends of TheDarkSide in my XJ Blue/bypass the blacks in need be 6....
  • pajeepman -

Posted the thread Hitachi cut iff saw cm75ebp.

Thread
    14" gas powered cut off saw. Brand new, never had gas in it. $525 Pick up in Norristown 19403 or Phoenixville around 5pm M-F…
  • pajeepman -

Replied to the thread mystery black sponge stuff falling from TJ dash.

Foam gasket from HVAC system Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  • turtle -

Replied to the thread mystery black sponge stuff falling from TJ dash.

Speaker insulation Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • hzryr61 -

Posted the thread mystery black sponge stuff falling from TJ dash.

Thread
    After getting the TJ back from Jeff Daniels for frame repair 8o , I found another piece of 'black sponge' on the floor. Does anyone know what this is from? I've been looking all over the internet to get info on what it is, and how to fix/replace it.. I…
  • YJpotter91 -

Replied to the thread 89 Comanche. What’s it worth?.

I will go back over what I’ve done already and check the things you guys have suggested. When I’ll be able to do that is the big question. The Jeep is at my dads which is only 20 mins away but round trip mean I need to find 40 extra minutes of free…
  • Andy in Pa -

Quote from YJpotter91: “I’ve cleaned grounds, replaced IAC, looked for vacuum leaks I’m not finding anything. Pretty sure it has an ax15 but I’d have to crawl under to confirm. Been a couple years since I’ve been under it ” Replacing the IAC…
  • astape -

an intake gasket leak could raise the idle and should be checked but generally its a sensor issue when the idle raises as it goes into closed loop (warms up).
  • Slimer -

Quote from astape: “john the mj in the pic would have the renix fi system. ” Initially it said a YJ 4.0L motor which is why I questioned whether or not it was EFI. I figured it would have been a Renix motor regardless though. Never knew what it…
  • astape -

john the mj in the pic would have the renix fi system. All computer controlled. I would also check the coolant s3nsor and the o2. They will effect the settings when warm. With the limited diagnostics on this motor its gonna be hard to track down the…