Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

** 2019 Membership page is open! **

• Delaware Inspection (window tint)

astape - - Jeep Talk

lately the dmv has been stricter with the tint waivers and u would have to have an optimoligist sign off on it.

• Rausch parking.

astape - - Trail Runs and Gatherings

how come the one with the boggers is cleaner?

• i put new seat belts in my jeep so the old ones might benifit someone. They r 3" lap and 2" shoulder. The certification date is 2005 so they r older but have no tears. They come with submarine belts too. $50 in n. Wilmington delawareja.com/forum/index.php…917b9ba5c844212e73f1bde17delawareja.com/forum/index.php…917b9ba5c844212e73f1bde17

• typical failure on an ax-15. Be aware its a difficult trans to rebuild and the parts sometime exceed the cost of a reman unit. I would say the transfer case is a 2-3 on a 10 scale. The ax-15 is a 7-8. Just dont want to see u dive into something thats not worth the effort.

• what trans is in it?

• 1996 Jeep Needs New PCM

astape - - Jeep Talk

there is no knock sensor on a 4.0l motor. Not a bad idea the replace the crank positon and distributor sync sensor. Parts should be under $100. But if it starts then they r not really needed just preventitive maintenence. Cap, rotor, plugs and wires would just be tune up parts and might be needed. U r not crazy u just need some maintanence.

• Driver side mirror

astape - - Jeep Talk

yjs have a spring loaded bolt that gets tightened from the bottom. It may tighten but i doubt it.

• 1996 Jeep Needs New PCM

astape - - Jeep Talk

its a bad sensor somewhere. U can read the codes by turning the key on and off 3 times and reading the odometer. Im sure there is a vid on google. The 96 is an oddball year being the first year of obd11. It sounds like the iac, but could also be the cps or tps and even the vss sensor. Many times these wont even trip a code.

• if u want one or 2 to borrow for inspection u can grab them off the 4cyl i have in the driveway. 7 can then order the correct ones. Btw $5 at quadratec quadratec.com/products/55208_0…0_xg_VEAQYASABEgKuhvD_BwE

• yea i bought it. Right now the top is spoken for but if they back out ill let u know

• Need an engine "ring job"?.

astape - - Jeep Talk

theengineshopinc.com The last 2 motors i put in came from here. They built a real nice 4.0l for bob angle. Also did a stock rebuild on a 4.2 for a guy in southern de club. They were good to work with and did it in a week. The 4.2 was around 2k and came back fully dressed. Bobs was more but he did a cam and injectors. Dont really recommend doing any upgrades to the 4.2 its just jot a good platform for performance.

• Yj parts

astape - - Swap Meet (Jeep Stuff)

tub looks pretty rough but i might give u a few bucks for it im trying to collect panels so i can make skins for the comp jeep. More pics would be good.

• Yj parts

astape - - Swap Meet (Jeep Stuff)

how bad is the body tub? Pics?

• 2001 TJ coil pack removal issue

astape - - Jeep Talk

i see whst u r saying but its common to only have a misfire on one cylinder even though it fires for 2. Dont know why.

astape - - Jeep Talk

im saying 2 of the 3 coils on the rail r failing. If the issue is the coil pack rail. It is the next logical thing to change but it still could be an injector or a valve issue in the head.

astape - - Jeep Talk

He has to replace the entire coil pack rail. He has 2 seperate misfire codes.

• 4Hi not working.

astape - - Jeep Talk

u can remove the small metal part that bolts to the t-case then use a small adjustable wrench to move the selector into each position. If u still can not get 4wd hi then its internal to the case. They r pretty easy to rebuild. I would bet that the shift fork pads may be worn due to the case being run dry at some point if its internal.

astape - - Jeep Talk

you just have to work on it. Sometimes prying it apart with a small screwdriver works.

• looks like the 8.8 just needs a little work on the hard brake lines and its set. Well a good cleaning and some paint too.

• Finally traded in my wrangler

astape - - Jeep Talk

cool im a little jealious. I might get one by the end of year.