Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

• all good. i reached out to kirkwood auto center as well, though I don't think they will do this. someone on facebook said they installed a quadratec lift, but this person also purchased wheels and tires from them.

• Picked up the AEV spacer kit, probably will hook up the pro-cal snap today and adjust my speedo for the new tires. Also got the geometry correction brackets being delivered today. @astape - definitely wanna get this on when it's good for you, and like I said, definitely wanna help out. In theory, most folks say this shouldn't take but a few hours to put on. Feel free to text me and we'll do this! (302) 383-2207 Paul

• Just agreed to buy an AEV 2” spacer lift with the pro cal snap. Then the process of getting in Astape’s schedule to install begins lol

• yeah, i did not think about that. In my mind the tire is about 3/4" bigger than the stock one, same load (C) and yes a significant weight difference (I wanna say ~65 to ~90 lbs). I did not re-flash it yet, i'm still thinking about getting the AEV spacer lift with the pro-cal unit to reflash it for the tire size. I don't think it'd look that weird after seeing a few pictures of similar setups. I have toyed with re-gearing to 4.10's but if I get the AEV 2" lift, I can run 35's (well 315/70) and wo…

• i like it...feels sluggish, and had no idea going from stock to a 285/70 tire would kill my mpg by 2.5. that's the most interesting thing.

• lowered PSI from 42 that the tires were delivered at to 36/37. was down to 34, just felt weird.

• 088bf645-4da2-4caf-942f-d8bb5d12a864-jpeg.469345 da1eba0e-2708-4f39-a850-d65b70e12797-jpeg.469346 f2b944fe-049b-480d-8fe0-127ac1df1fc8-jpeg.469349

• so interestingly enough, i measured my stock tires and was 31.25" (call it 31.5 when new probably). Adding the 285/70'R17's at 32.8, will probably net me .75" in height. If I can find Rubicon springs 60/61 or 61/62 for the front and 90/91 or 91/92 for the rear, i will probably gain about 1.5-1.75" in height, which I think will be perfect for the 33" tires I'm putting on. Won't look too high, and give me the look that I like. I am kicking the idea of getting lower control arms from a mopar lift t…

• Right now, I am thinking rubicon springs and shocks. With the new tires, and that, would be about 1” if my math is right

• ok, the wheels and tires have been ordered as I am slipping all over the place on wet roads now. 285/70's are en route from Discount Tire. I keep going back and forth between a small 1.5" to 2" spacer lift and the Rubicon take off from a rubicon with tow package, steel bumpers and hard top. If I'm understanding, this rubicon stuff would be a good .75" lift to my existing Sahara and thinking about changing the lower control arms to the ones that come with the mopar lift to fix the caster. Both op…

• it's also a progression of someone who doesn't know what the hell to do lol.

• Quote from astape: “i think u will be fine with those specs. I can do the lift and regear if u get to that point. ” gonna send you a pm.

• Just pulled the trigger on 5 17x9 +1 offset Fuel Hostage wheels with 5 285/70R17 Toyo OC AT3's from Quadratec, which was about $500 cheaper than anywhere else. Curiously the guy said i'm just warning you, these won't fit your sahara without a lift. but i see plenty of 285/70's on Stock sahara's with no issues at all.

• I continue to go back and forth on lifting my rig. I like the look of the lift, and with 35’s. But I also don’t think my 3.45 gears will appreciate the larger tire very well and my sub 20 mpg will go to 16-17 because I won’t see 7th and 8th gear again. if I lift, I would be using the quadratec 2.5” lift with fox ifp shocks and having D’Anttonio’s in west Chester, adding adjustable track bars and steering correction casters, a taser, alignment for like $280. No idea if that’s a good deal or not. …

• How do we get the DEJA discount with quadratec? I am close to buying some wheels and tires....

• I found a thread where a mechanic is recommending the Pro-Comp K3111 2.5" lift with Fox 2.0 IFP shocks...the issue I am struggling with, is that 2.5" is really like a 3.5-4" lift for my Sahara. Additional research brought me to Rusty's 2" basic lift kit which is $899 plus the Fox 2.0 IFP's...would be about 2.5" of lift. Brings me to my next concern. Wheels. My tires are nearing the end of their life. I keep seeing Sahara's online with -12 offset wheels, and they say it's only about 1.5" outside …

• not getting a lift, no need. maybe rubicon takeoff suspension at some point. next purchase will be 20x9 +18 offset wheels and tires. Pretty sure that will keep my inspection legal in Delaware.

• found a soft top in VA for $1,000. turns out it was the premium soft top twill, so that was too good of a deal to pass up and well worth the 2 hour drive. Took about 45 minutes to install (not including the breaks I took because of the massive heat yesterday, which are obvious on the windows where my arms rubbed). Looks really sharp, and was a breeze to put on. The hard top is in the garage until probably mid october when that will go back on, and the soft top gets stored until April.

• After spending a few days looking at lifts, and for what I want it to do, I think I'm holding off on that. Someone is selling Rubicon takeoff wheels and tires that are basically brand new, trying to get a price on them. If I can get the Rubicon takeoff suspension, i'll have astape install that when it's under 120F. The look I'm going for is slightly more aggressive, slightly taller, and I think I'll be able to accomplish both with the rubicon takeoffs. The Tires are about 1" (not quite) bigger t…

• Here is the Jeep. 2018. Blank Canvas. Pics don’t do it justice all cleaned up. Crap, I have to wait until my membership gets updated to post pictures apparently