wiring through firewall

• Having never run any new wires in my Jeep, where is the best place to pass wiring through the firewall between a switch inside, and the battery and/or lights on the front?

• Having never run any new wires in my Jeep, where is the best place to pass wiring through the firewall between a switch inside, and the battery and/or lights on the front?

Look for any unused rubber plugs. If there is one, punch a hole in the center.

If not, you will have to drill a hole and use a grommet.

On my '03 there is a LARGE rubber plug thru the firewall just above the tranny hump on the drivers side.

• yeah, any used plugs or you can find a flat area on the firewall, drill a hole and pass the wire(s) through the hole. if you do that, be sure to used a rubber grommet and seal the hole some how. i've done both methods and they both work great. you can also pass the wire through with the rest of the harness using a coat hanger that has been straightned out, just be careful you don't nick the wires (for obvious reasons). all secrets of the electrician in me. with the front you can run the wire along the frame rail just keep the wire away from any heat, steering, and suspension you may come accross just wire tie everything and you should be good to go.

• are you using a relay? it'll make things a little simpler (and safer) with running the wires.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!