DeJA C&D Canal Clean - Sat., Sept 30!-INFO ADDED

• Once again we are working with the C&D Project Office in Cheasapeake City to coordinate a clean up of the access roads in the C&D Canal area. Dave from the Project Office and I scouted out an area to work on. There's not a ton of stuff, but there are some big piles, and we always find more than I see initially anyway. See latest post at end for specific directions. We'll meet there (more specific directions to come) at 9am on that Saturday morning, break into 2 groups, and hit 2 different areas, one in MD. Along with people to help gather trash, we'll need small trailers to haul stuff, pick ups, etc.

More info to come later, just wanted to get this on people's calendars. This will be added to the calendar and sign up forum shortly.

Please note: as always, kids are welcome, but parents will want to keep a close eye on them. There can be broken glass, sharp metal edges, etc that can be dangerous. Long pants, long sleeves, boots and gloves are required to help clean up.

Also, we will not have a roll-off this year. We have an area designated to make 2 seperate piles. One for recycleable metal, and one for everything else. So we'll need to seperate trash as we bring it to the drop off area.

Any questions right now, please post and I'll do my best to answer. I'm checking to see if the club will once again provide a pizza lunch, but beverages are your own responsibility.

Stay tuned....

• :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: Nichole's sister is getting married in Myrtle Beach that day. Sorry I won't be able to help out this year. :upset:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I'm in!

hmmmmmm maybe I do a picnic or something afterwards at my house????

and I'll be there, too. :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Howdy Folks! :wavey: :wavey:

I'm not a Jeep owner (use to have a willys jeep pickup) but I was checking your site out to see where you all gather. I was down at the canal just the other day and I was sickened by all the trash and stuff....took a load out with me when I left. I would be in for helping with the clean up effort if you all wouldnt mind having an "outsider" join your adventure! I have a few Titans in our club that would jump in and help too!

• Howdy Folks! :wavey: :wavey:

I'm not a Jeep owner (use to have a willys jeep pickup) but I was checking your site out to see where you all gather. I was down at the canal just the other day and I was sickened by all the trash and stuff....took a load out with me when I left. I would be in for helping with the clean up effort if you all wouldnt mind having an "outsider" join your adventure! I have a few Titans in our club that would jump in and help too!

i cant see why it would be a problem if u wanted to help out
    send a pm to wanderlust
    if u havent already
    to give him a heads up

always nice to have some extra hands

• Josh- it's normally a morning thing, meeting about 9am or so to get started. In the past it's gone to anywhere from 3 to 5 pm, all depends on how much we find to clean up.

Titan- many of our members will have their pick-ups and such at the event, so I certainly have no problem with anyone who is willing to help out showing up. The help would be much appreciated. It's all about giving something back, and there is often a lot of crap down there as you saw. Not sure what areas you were in, but I'd be happy to have you and your friends pitch in. Thanks! Shoot me a PM on here, or an email to pemjr@comcast.net if you have any questions.

Info as far as where we'll meet, times, required stuff other than mentioned in this thread already, etc. will be posted soon.

Paul

• Great! I will see what I can do to round some folks up to help out. If its ok...I'll post a link to this thread on our Titan Forum. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

• I was down yesterday with Tedsbumper roaming around.

The same places the Jerry and I found trash last time, a lot of it was gone. Kind of odd.

There's still some a/c units and random refrigerator parts out by the railroad tracks on the north side...along the entrance to st. georges....but otherwise I didn't see much.

We ran all three levels to the railroad tracks and back to the st. georges. Didn't go the other direction though.

I'm gonna venture down there again around the north side to see what I can find, and venture around more this week to get an idea.

• Josh
    Dave and I started at the entrance under St. George's bridge on the north side, and rode towards, and into MD. Most the upper level trails, not down by the canal. there were a few spots that needed some help. Spots farther away will need to have anything found hauled back to the one central location where we'll be piling stuff. Maybe we can meet down there before the 30th and I'll show you where we went, and we can see what else we can find.

• I'll have to check my schedule, and I'll check with Jerry too, if he doesn't chime in. Planning on going to the meeting Sunday? Maybe we can do it before that, if my wife has nothing planned that I don't know about yet.

• I have a horse show on Saturday the 30th. :bang:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• sorry, I'll be in Wilmington Saturday and Sunday for the Brandywine Arts Festival. don't even know if I'll make it to the meeting. I can answer "help, I'm lost" phone calls, but...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!