My new OME lift!!!! (UPDATE)

• Well, tonight i'll be installing my new lift...its the 2.5" OME kit...along with that i'll be installing my JKS quicker disco and a superlift front adj. trackbar...if the girlfriend gets back from qtech in time (just sent her up to pick items up).....hopefully i can get it all done tonight :rollsmile: tires should be in on thursday 33x12.5 maxxis bighorns. Almost there should be ready for Jeep for joy run. cant wait!!!

PS....does anyone in the newark area have a coil spring compressor that i could borrow tonight?

• ya just couldnt wait for the weekend to install it huh....i have all my lift parts to install too...im just procrastinating

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• You'll have to head down that same blue trail behind crawler ridge with the lift and the tires, would be cool to get a video and compare it to taking it stock.

• sorry timing wasnt right for the weekend........my mechanic said he couldnt do the alignment on saturday so i have to get it done before hand......have an appointment for thursday for the alignment

• sorry timing wasnt right for the weekend........my mechanic said he couldnt do the alignment on saturday so i have to get it done before hand......have an appointment for thursday for the alignment

umm... doing an alignment BEFORE the lift is wasted. your changing everyting by putting the lift on. it has to be done afterwards

• well we finally finished with the lift around 330am....does look too bad. the only problems where when take out the factory shocks, two of the upper bolt broke with made it a PIA. Had to drill out the remainder of the bolt and rethread it for another bolt. after that we had some poblems getting the upper control arm back on. The front went pretty smoothly. The jks disco are installed. The only thing we did not have a chance to install was the front adjustable track bar.

PROBLEMS NOW ::
    after the lift was complete on the way home I hit a slight bump in the highway....this sent the front end shaking uncontrolably (dreaded death wobble).....Hopeing that maybe its that far out of alignment (any Ideas)?
    The kit we installed was used and seemed to be missing a rear track bar bracket......how important is this or does anyone have one that i can install?

• steering alignment and the front axle off-centered both can and will contribute to your death wobble issues. install the adjustable trackbar first and then align the steering second. you can align the steering yourself in the garage - you'll achieve the same results that the shop will provide. stu and xplorer both have instructions for this on their websites. also, you'll want the rear trackbar bracket. without it you'll have not only an off-centered rear axle but you'll also have your tires very close to rubbing your upper spring perch (look between the inner sidewall surface and where the top of the coilspring rests - you'll see what i mean). i have a relocation bracket if you need it - come on down and it's all yours.
    chris

p.s. i'd get the rear trackbar bracket installed prior to getting the alignment as the direction your rear axle tracks will affect your steering.

• Chris would you be able to help me put the bracket on? Maybe on wednesday evening........I have an alignment scheduled for thursday..... :bang:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!