recent stuff done

• In the past few weeks, wanderlust has gone through some changes. Mostly cosmetic, but some other stuff too. A few weeks back when the wife and kid were out of town, I had the whole day to spend wirebrushing the frame and spraycanning it. I can't believe what a difference it made! Sure, not many others would notice, but I think it looks so much better without all that rust showing through. Also touched up the springs, shocks and skids with some paint, which I really need to redo and prep better next time. I installed my new (to me) wider pocket flares after heatgunning them black again, did the general washing and waxing, vacuuming and wiping down the interior, and pulled my AtoZ rockers off and painting them as well. Got my lights on the front wired up too. Lastly, about 6 months ago I got a e-z locker for the front 30. Finally got to Aaron's to put it in, and turns out my front u-joints were toast. Very dry and very not-movable. They were seized in so well that we bent the ear on the drivers side outer shaft. Luckily, Brian here had a set of shafts after a recent upgrade that we worked a deal on. Aaron replaced the u-joints in those as well, although they were in better shape than mine, just made sense since they were out of the Jeep already. I had been driving without the driver side inner shaft for the last week. Last night, we got the new (to me) shafts with new u-joints installed, and put new joints in the old good shafts of mine as spares, and the locker is in and working.

Nothing major, but very exciting. Well, to me anyway. 8)

• Cool! It's always good to get caught up on little stuff.

I have 4 projects waiting for me in the garage now, just waiting for some time (and money for a few parts and machine work).

Flat top knuckles
    4.0 HO head
    Gas tank skid plate
    Fix the aim of my spot lights

Did you get to use the lights these last few nights? The weather was crappy and I for one have trouble seeing on rainy nights.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i guess ill post up my recent additions since everyone else....

305/70/16 Maxxis Big Horns
    16x8 06' MOABs
    3.5" RE lift
    superlift adjustable front track bar
    PORC shocks
    poison spyder trail corners
    rock rage bumper
    cut down stock front bumper
    new intake setup
    wilson 3' antenna
    cobra cb setup w/ ext. spkr.
    teraflex rear shock relocators(thnx andrew)
    MORE bombproof torsion 1" MML
    JKS 1.25" BL
    and more to come... ;D

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!