Additional 'Jeeps for Joy' Toy Drive info....

• Just wanted to post up some last minute info on the Toy Drive on 12/9

1. We will NOT be doing Friday night this year. Everyone is just too busy, and it's not worth it for the amount of donations we get, which averages over the last 4 years to be about 2.

2. We will be starting at approximately 7:30am to set things up. If you want to stop by early and help out, please do.

3. We have a HUGE raffle this year. Not all Jeep or off-road related items, as we're hoping to get people that stop by to donate to enter as well. Signed sports memorabilia, gift cards and gift certificates to local businesses, event tickets and more. We will also have another winch and synthetic line to raffle! So if you didn't win it at the benefit ride, you have another chance.

4. Remember to keep an eye on the weather, and dress for the cold (and hopefully NOT for the rain or snow)

5. You will be able to renew your membership for the 2007 year at the toy drive, and get your member decal. Please remember that you MUST fill out a new Application and Driver Agreement. They can be found here:

Application & Driver Agreement: http://www.delawareja.com/fileadmin/downloads/app-driver.doc

6. WSTW will be doing their live broadcast from 11am to 1pm, and will have music and prizes.

7. Santa is arriving at 12 noon if you're planning on bringing the kids.

8. The raffle drawings will start at approximately 1:30 (tentative). You do NOT need to be present to win, but if you enter the raffle and are planning on leaving before the drawing, you will need to write your name and number on the back of each raffle ticket.

9. Immediately after the raffle, we will be begin packing some things up to do the caravan. The canopy will remain standing until we return from the hospital to take it down, but we will pack up just about everything else.

10. The caravan will head out at approximately 2:30pm to the hospital. Directions for the caravan will be available at the toy drive, and possibly on the JfJ site (http://www.jeepsforjoy.org) ahead of time.

11. If you do not know what to get as a donation, please check the Jeeps for Joy site. We have an updated list from Nemours/ A.I. DuPont, and remember there are always older kids and teens that we need to buy for as well.

Any questions on the event at all, please let me know here or in a PM.

Thanks everyone. We hope to see as many club members and forum guests out at at the toy drive as possible. Club support of this event is what keeps it going.

Paul

• Maybe I miss it somwhere on JFJ website . Do the presents need to be wrapped and labeled?
    I'm picking up several presents on fri. from my work place none are wrapped.thanks for any info

STRESS: The confusion created when one&#39;s mind<br />overrides the body&#39;s desire to choke the living sh** out of some a**hole WHO desperately needs it.

• They need to be NEW, UNWRAPPED gifts. The Hospital and Childrens Choice will do the wrapping later. It helps them pick the proper gift for the proper kids.

Thanks for all your help in collecting these toys.
    See ya there :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!