Kahunaville Jeep show and Shine Report

• ok gonna try and sum the day up....

Fantastic showing by everyone. Jeeps arrived early and got preferred parking in the front of kahuna. Rich Bryant who owns part of the place was more then happy to park us and enjoyed the curb climbing. Mall Crawlers would be proud. I handed out 40 door prize tickets and some pulled in afterwards. so figure about 45 jeeps total. The ramp showed up and got a front spot aswell. about 80% of the jeeps got to test out the ramp. even the guys with stock or close to it engaged in the fun. It was really nice to be able to greet everyone and hang out and talk. Food was fantastic and the hot sun was even better. (sunburn here). some faces that we hadn't seen in a while or didn't think they could make it showed up. which was a nice surprise. I think we will gain about 5 new members from the event. 50/50 was won by Nikki and tom wasn't allowed to have any. I do belive the club made a few dollars on the event aswell which was nice. Looking forward to maybe doing this again next year.

End of day all was great. Now lets see them pictures.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Excellent recap Slinky and a big thanks for making this happen. You did a phenomenal job with the raffle tickets too. The turnout was great and it seemed everyone had a blast. Tony and BBD and everyone that helped out on the ramp: It was a hit!!! The paint job was awesome and I think almost everyone got to try their hand, er, Jeep at it.

I had an absolute blast and hope we can have a gathering like that again.

-Chris

• I enjoyed myself. I finally found out why a police officer stopped by my house a month or so ago. :hmm: The neighbors were wondering what was going on and most were sure it was something my one neighbor had done (she's not very popular). It turns out that he was a Jeep owner checking out my Jeep! :laughing: He had the white CJ7 parked on the middle median in front of the volcano. He introduced himself when I pulled up.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Sadie (my dog) and I had a good time. I got a good sunburn on my neck and face (ouch!). Anyway here are the pictures.

On a side note I was driving around later and my stick came out of my transmission and left me stranded in reverse with the sun setting. To top it off I did not have my cell phone on me so I hoofed it part of the way home before I thumbed a ride (a guy in a XJ picked me up). I then got my XJ and towed strapped my CJ home with my g/f driving the XJ (first time she ever towed anything).

• think alot of us got sunburn. loki also had his stick come off. figures all the offroading you guys do. when ya drive em normal on the road things break.

Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Man I had a great time yesterday.
    It was great to see so many Jeeps come out to an event
    Even if the hot rod club got a little miffed, that was OK.
    I did hear they thought it was just wrong to show up at a "car show"
    with muddy Jeep :laughing:

I guess they just don't understand :rollsmile:

The Ramp was a big hit :up:
    We started off slow.... seems a few wanted to see it done before
    they tried. Even Slinky got a chance to ramp his Grand waggy.
    by the way we now know he has exactly 30* of approach angle.
    He took a little ramp paint with him :razz:

I'm just messing with him Slinky this show was a success because of your hard work and speaking for the club I want to offer a heart felt thanks to you. ;)

As posted earlier here are the big winners of the day.

NikkiYJ .....won the 50/50
    MD Bulldog.... took home the high lift jack
    Claymont hillbilly.... wanted the tow strap, bad..he got it :up:

two door prises were also given out
    they were both, Tree savers / 6' tow straps
    Winners were
    Bob Allen and Joe Lovette

I also want to tale a minute to say a word of thanks to TONY aka DaMutt
    He put many hours into building our RTI Ramp. He even towed it up the the show yesterday.
    He deserves a pat on the back and a when you see hin tell him Job Well Done :up:

It was our first Official Jeep Show but I see it will not be our last.
    Thanks to all for coming out. you truly are a great club :heart:

• Quote from "BBD"

I did hear they thought it was just wrong to show up at a "car show"
    with muddy Jeep :laughing:

Nice...even if I cleaned the MJ I have a feeling they'd have something to say with its fine rattlecan paintjob over the "custom" crumpled beercan inspired bodywork :laughing:

It was a great time, though...nice to get out and see everyone and their rigs. Glad I got a couple shots at the ramp to see how the 36's stuffed, gotta break out the airsaw before next weekend and tweak a couple things.

• :useless:

i thought i would use that since everyone else had had there fun with it...sorry i missed it, had to be at a family dinner.

Even Slinky got a chance to ramp his Grand waggy.
    by the way we now know he has exactly 30* of approach angle.
    He took a little ramp paint with him

I'm just messing with him Slinky this show was a success because of your hard work and speaking for the club I want to offer a heart felt thanks to you.

there ain't a chance in hell your pinning this on me. I just wanted everyone to have fun and no trail damage. lol couple people had trail damage from the Kahuna. this was a group effort as people stepped up to help.

I also figured it was a great way to celabrate the birth of the RTI ramp. ok now nobody make fun of my approach angle :doh: I think i have the wrong shocks on the back of the wagon i could tell they were stretched out. I would have never even been able to get a backwards approach as the bumper would have taken alot more paint. I did score a whopping 275 and i beat tom in his sunshine ride. :up:

who had the pic of my waggy on the ramp. I hate to be a web wheeler.

• Quote from "Falcon"

:useless:

i thought i would use that since everyone else had had there fun with it...sorry i missed it, had to be at a family dinner.

My post above has pix

Also if anyone wants a hi res image just PM me with the file name.

• ok we can take that picture down now :folded: lol somebody had to be the first to try it

• Quote from "SLINKY"

ok we can take that picture down now :folded: lol somebody had to be the first to try it

Just had to give you a hard time (besides I think your scooter went farther than my Jeep). :grin:

BTW, did anyone right down the scores???

• Yeah it was a good time, besides my shifter incident but Slimer hooked me up and I was even able to put the J truck on the ramp and see how it did before I put some new high boingers under it, wish I got a picture of it up there though. Thanks

• if anyone has one of my wagon on the RTI please post.

i got one photo, thanks

man that rear tire is stuffed inside that wheel well.

• At least the post now has one pic. Wish I could have made it, we were putting the lift on LaxJeep's YJ all weekend. As he reported in another post we got it done, but just in time to come home sunday night. Nothing like a 100 mile trip to "test it out" after putting on a lift. :shrug:

• It was a great day, the boys loved playing with all the kids. I can't wait to do it again.
    It was very lucky that I won the 50/50, Bailey fell while playing and bent his glasses pretty bad, so on Monday I took him to get them fixed. They were able to fix them temporarily, so I had to order him a replacement pair that is costing us $88.80 and I won $88. Talk about some good luck!!!!!

• Quote from "NikkiYJ"

It was a great day, the boys loved playing with all the kids. I can't wait to do it again.
    It was very lucky that I won the 50/50, Bailey fell while playing and bent his glasses pretty bad, so on Monday I took him to get them fixed. They were able to fix them temporarily, so I had to order him a replacement pair that is costing us $88.80 and I won $88. Talk about some good luck!!!!!

Yeah, one way or another one of the men in your family was going to get that money! :laughing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!