Whats your favorite suspension lift and why?

• I'm thinking of upgrading my suspension system to a 3.5" or 4.5" system. I've looked at the Rubicon Express superflex systems, Fabtech, Rough Country and a couple of others. Please tell me your opinions and why. Are some more complete than others. I have a 00" TJ and am currently running 3" Trailmaster coil spacers and shocks. I need to replace my springs and control arms and would like to do so without going in too deep. Would I still need to do the SYE on a 3.5" kit. I have an auto trans and a 1" MML with a 1.25" body lift also.
    Let me know any and all of your thoughts.
    Thanks
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Long arms kits are great, they ride really nice and flex a lot, best of both worlds but they do cost a lot more. MellowYellow ran the 3.5" RE superflex without an SYE kit. He said he had no problems, he didnt have a MML but did run the TCL kit. The RE kit was pretty complete, we installed tires the same night and dave (mellowyellow) ran it. Usually when you order the kit they give you a great deal on shocks. I have a couple friends who didn't like how the skyjacker coils sagged but I don't know much about the other kits. Hope this helps.

• I have the rough country kit and dont realy like it. The rear springs sag and all of the bushings in the control arms shredded to pieces after my 3rd trail ride. Also the brackets that come to relocate the track bars are pretty week compared to others ive seen. I have also replace the control arms with re arms. I can say it does flex like crazy for a short arm lift and its dirt cheap compared to others. I only paid 420.00. :hmm:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'm glad you told me about the Rough Country lift. That was the one I was thinking about.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I had a rough country 4" lift on my cj. it was good. the ride was a little stiff. for my wrangler i bought a rubicon express extreme duty 4.5" lift. rides great. i have a little vibration. need to get the drive shaft made a little longer.

• I'm probably going to go ahead with the RE 4.5" lift. I just have to wait a few more weeks and save a little more money so I can go ahead and buy the SYE and shaft all at the same time. I really liked the full traction lift but I called out there to talk to them about it and they were real a$$ holes. I asked the customer service reps like three time to tell me about there guarantee and if they've encountered any unhappy customers yet and all they would tell me is that it is such a great lift I wouldn't have to worry about any of that. No one would give me a straight up answer as far as there warranty or anything either. So I don't feel comfortable enough with the company to spend that kind of money on there lift. Its a shame though because there lift seemed to be the most comprehensive lift for the money.
    Oh well I'll probably buy it (the RE lift) in mid Nov. or something and we'll get it on whenever.
    Oh and no one can touch Supplee's prices

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Quote from "BDLSTOY"

I'm probably going to go ahead with the RE 4.5" lift. I just have to wait a few more weeks and save a little more money so I can

Are you going to 35"'s or bigger ?

• What I'm thinking is to just run the 33's that I have now until they need replace. Then I'll stick in my 2" coil spacers and buy new 35's. The problem is I just bought these 33 MTR's in Feb of this year and they probably only have 5K miles on them.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• sorry about any misinformation I gave you I really shouldnt give out my advice on tjs as i know very little ablout coils.... you did the right thing going to quadna with you concerns as he has much more experience with the tj stuff........

• There is still a possability that I won't need the SYE but I'm going to assume I do and just order it. There would be nothing worse that ordering the lift and installing it and then not be able to drive it due to vibrations. Plus if I already have it then I can add my 2" coil spacers whenever I want.
    Hey Tony, having never ordered a shaft for this before, do you know if they are adjustable. For instance if I order one telling them I am 4.5" will I need a different one once I put on my spacers? Just thinking.
    Thanks again

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Quote from "BDLSTOY"

What I'm thinking is to just run the 33's that I have now until they need replace. Then I'll stick in my 2" coil spacers and buy new 35's. The problem is I just bought these 33 MTR's in Feb of this year and they probably only have 5K miles on them.

brian,
    if you go with the 4.5 kit from RE you won't need the spacers whatsoever. it's designed to perfectly accomodate 35" tires (especially with your body lift) just on its own. i have 4.5 springs in mine right now and with 1 3/4" spacers over i'm fitting 37" tires just fine. you'll have crazy wheelwell space with the 33" and then you'll be perfect with the 35" later. just my two cents.
    oh, and about the shaft. you have a couple of options. one, install your lift and sye completely and then measure the shaft distance prior to ordering it. you can run on the front shaft for the few days it'll take to get the new rear shaft and then you'll have the shaft made to fit. two, call teraflx and ask them what size they have setup for the RE 4.5 kit w/body lift (1")...they usually have a chart that'll get you a shaft in the rough area that you want. it's usually just a hair long for a 3.5 kit and a little shorter than a measured/ordered one for the 4.5 as it's based on lengths determined for tera's 4" coils. or...post up your exact jeep's specs and someone is bound to have your similar setup and already lifted to the height you're aiming at. they can measure things up for you and give you a distance right away. oh, if you go with TW for your driveshaft then bob can't help you...but he does order tera ones :)
    chris

• Chris pretty muched summed it up. If i could do it again i would have bought the re 4.5 kit. I bought my tera shaft from bob supple without measuring and it fits perfectly. I also have the tera sye kit. And again bob had great prices and delivery came in 2 days.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Chris what is the TW shaft. Sorry I'm still learning.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Thanks Keith, I was just thinking and said to myself Tom Woods. As I went back to edit, so I didn't look stupid, I noticed you answered. Oh well :shrug:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!