Bestop Supertop with full soft doors...anyone used this?

• I'm looking at new soft tops for my YJ (with 1/2 steel doors), and I also need the frame. I could get OEM-style frame and top or a Bestop Supertop with full soft doors. I like the look of the full soft doors, more CJ-like, but wondered if anyone has experience with one? I'd need to relocate my mirrors, but that solves the problem of my having a RH hinge not drilled for the mirror. I'm going with a grey top on the black Jeep.

DrJ

• i can send you a pic of what the jeep will look like.. i had the gray best top sunrider on my jeep. i have the hard top on now. i want to sell the soft top but the mrs told me i should hang onto it since i change my mind often.. lol :shrug:

• I don't know about the YJ model, but the CJ model supertop is great. It eliminates the stupid snaps that are used on CJ's (not present on YJ's). The doors are nice and have a rubber seal around them unlike the standard top.

I just got a supertop for my jeep I drive now, so I can't wait for spring so I can put it on and try it out.

• I liked the sunrider top.. it was very easy to put up and down.. but i like the hard top better for winter. a little more quite then the soft top.

• I either have a Super top or a Tiger top. I bought it used. It's pretty nice. The snaps are a bit easier to hook up than the channel but the channel gives a cleaner look.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "DrJ"

I'm going with a grey top on the black Jeep.
    DrJ

Somethin like this?.............All the cool people in Deja have black jeeps with grey tops :laughing:

I like the super top and the full soft doors. Nice tight fit and still plenty warm in the winter. :up:

• Problem with the snaps is all of mine tore either out of the body or off of the top. By the time I took it off last weekend, I think there were like 3 snaps on either side, and like one on the rear window that were still useable. Mine was probably 6-7 years old. :shrug:

• Quote from "chuck"

Somethin like this?.............All the cool people in Deja have black jeeps with grey tops :laughing:

All the real cool people have jeeps with no top

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!