What gasket or sealer to use???

• I just got done lining my 90 YJ tub and am ready to start putting pieces back together. Under the shifter boot there was a thin metal sheet that was screwed to the floor and it looked like there was some type of rubber gasket or liquid sealant on the underside against the tub, but it was shot so I had to scrape off with a putty knife...now what can I use when I re- install? Thanks for the help.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• just some type of rtv will work. red is hightemp, blue is hightemp sensor safe, and black is non high temp.

i have a habit of using hi temp for everything no matter what it is your not going to hurt it either way.

hope that helps.

• Thanks! The stuff that was there was not high temp at all. Melted away to almost nothing!!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• SLINKY uses blue for everything, not for the temp rating but cause he likes the pretty color.

Thanks now i know what the colors mean.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• I got this stuff that is Anorobic (sp?). Supposedly it doesn't need air to dry and there is a spray that you use to pretreat the bonding surface. It is a clear red RTV. It seems to work alright, although I'm not sure why you would use this as apposed to any other.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!