What have you done to your Jeep today?

• one of these years I'll get to make some 1" lift motor mounts so i can raise the belly pan.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Put a new water pump and belts on my YJ this weekend. I let me 9 year old son do all the work, I just broke the nuts and bolts free for him and he did the rest. It was pretty cool to watch him do it and he really enjoyed it too. I figure if I start him now he can do it all for me in a few years.

• All done with the lift and all additional problems. I have installed the 31x10.5 BFG MT's that neill gave me and here is a before and after shot of the jeep.

4" R/C lift
    4.10 gears
    31x10.5 BFG MT's
    Painted top spice / was black

WoW! what a difference ! ! ! !

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

• Looks good forgot to ask you the other day what engine is in your Jeep?

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Hosed the inside out after the camping trip at RC (all it did was rain.) I had more mud on the inside windsheild then on the outside of my jeep!!

• Keep looks Great. :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

• Neill Wrote:

Looks good forgot to ask you the other day what engine is in your Jeep?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Neill, Its a 4cyl stick. It deffinetely rides different then it was with the sagging springs and the worn out shocks. It is a lot smother and seems to wonder more. Is that common?

Oh, by the way. It already needs more lift. LOL
    Next will be phase two... A Shackle Reversal (2 more inches) / SYE and Drive Shaft / 35 MT's / and 4.88's

• A few more pics....

________________________________________________________________________________

Edited once, last by jonzjeepyj ().

• I think I've passed you a few times, remember the diamond plating. Need some rims for that beast.

• I agree. I'm out of money for the time being. Will work on it though.

I thought I might paint them black untill I can afford new ones.
    Has anyone tried this and how did it turn out?

John

• I agree. I'm out of money for the time being. Will work on it though.

I thought I might paint them black untill I can afford new ones.
    Has anyone tried this and how did it turn out?

John

Man, it looks great. Funny thing is, I kind of dig those stock steelies. I think they look old school. I have seen quite a few folks paint them black or olive drab to match their Jeeps and it looks tough. Now it's time to get that thing on the trail!

• Haha, no Jeep for me either. Put for sale signs and buffed it Saturday. Rewired the factory e-locker in my Tacoma so I can use it in 4hi instead of only 4lo, extended the breather tubes, put in my head unit, and assembled my struts so I can lift it sometime here shortly...

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• Haha, no Jeep for me either. Put for sale signs and buffed it Saturday. Rewired the factory e-locker in my Tacoma so I can use it in 4hi instead of only 4lo, extended the breather tubes, put in my head unit, and assembled my struts so I can lift it sometime here shortly...

and the money spending begins.. again haha

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• = maintenance free :up:

No, that is the truth. I had 3 Tacoma's and I never had to spend a dime on them other than normal service items. 1 had 50k+ miles and the other 2 had 70k+ miles. I didn't do RC style rock crawling but everything else was game. The E-Lockers got a workout...

So to stay on-topic, I Armor-All'd my Jeep yesterday (because it was way beyond dirty) and damn, it hasn't shined like that since the day I got it! Hahaha

• i welded the front bumper on. i even cleaned up the garage a little. only reason was i had to make a support column for work, so why the welder was out and ready. if the kid keeps going to bed early like this i might get to have a couple hours a night to work on it. guess i should order some parts tomorrow to get the front axle back together.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!