What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Been a member here since 2006 and a non member for a few years before that so not going for a name change but if I could get Kuntryboy 666 maybe I'll go with that! :razz:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I had thought about getting renegade-esque decals for the hood.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I say put on a CJ front clip, some CJ Renegade Decals on the hood and you raised your cool factor by 10x

I did think about that when I first started planning this project a few months ago.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• The u-joint on my rear driveshaft, which goes from my offset transfer case output to my centered rear, wears out and starts vibrating about every 6000 miles. It was due for replacement so I made some press tooling to make it easier.

Then I went ahead and tried it out, it was very nice!

Then I rinsed the salt off, it was pretty crusty.

• I also needed to replenish my supply of nuts and bolts. If you go to Steel Liquidators and go into the store and into the far back corner through the plastic curtain you end up in nut and bolt fantasyland! They have plastic bags you just load up and pay by the weight. I have used these bolts on my whole jeep, and they seem to be good quality. Here's what I got for $26.00!

• I also needed to replenish my supply of nuts and bolts. If you go to Steel Liquidators and go into the store and into the far back corner through the plastic curtain you end up in nut and bolt fantasyland! They have plastic bags you just load up and pay by the weight. I have used these bolts on my whole jeep, and they seem to be good quality. Here's what I got for $26.00!

That's a great place. I never thought about going there for nuts and bolts.

Your u-joints seem to wear out pretty fast. Is it the short drive shaft / sharp angle? I didn't think you were lifted that much.

Driving Monday night I started hearing a slapping under the hood. Fan belt started failing. I was getting on the skinny pedal a bit hard Friday afternoon on my way to the hospital and I think the belt walked off the pulley resulting in the pulley cutting through the belt. I think I have a spare that will fit.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah the angle does them in. It's around 20 degrees more or less. When I change the transmission and transfer case and rear it will all be better!
    Good thing you made it home with the belt gone, hope it didn't overheat.

• There was enough of the belt still there to keep things going. But the V meter was down at 12 and the belt was slipping when driving

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• My brother has been complaining about a vibrating sound under the Jeep...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Installed the new Ox air locker in the 8.8 rear. The air line will attach to the port on the right side of the cover (no external cylinder). Thanks to East Coast Gear Supply -- they're going to give me credit when the Eaton E Locker comes back from warranty.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!