What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Put gas in the WJ.

That's pretty good. Most I could get in Kathy's WJ was about 16 - 18. It had the V8 though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I finally decided to tackle my new seat bracket install. Not being one to miss "leg day" and lack of tilt wheel in a CJ5, I needed to do something. I'm removing my bestop tilt brackets with sliders (they'll be for sale soon!) and replacing them with a non-tilt MUCH shorter bracket. I have a few holes to drill and it should be buttoned up in the next few days.

The club ride coming up has forced me to tackle some long over due projects!

• Degreased everything and blasted all the rust out of the frame last weekend getting ready to paint and fluid film the inside frame. Replaced the windshield frame and mounted all the stuff on the inner fenders too. Looks alot different from the pile I bought last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Looks great,! Definitely making progress. How does it run?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Lol. I really haven't driven it more than around the block a few times. I'm planning on going to get tags Sat morning. I want to take it to the membership trail ride on the 18th but I'm a little leary about driving it way up there.

• The engine sounds strong though. It only has 105k on it. I'll probably be putting a clutch in it in the fall. It's not slipping but it doesn't feel real strong.

• Lol. I really haven't driven it more than around the block a few times. I'm planning on going to get tags Sat morning. I want to take it to the membership trail ride on the 18th but I'm a little leary about driving it way up there.

Looks great! I say...send it : )

• Took off the hard top and installed the trektop nx for the JL. Removable panels and a sunrider type mechanism to open the top over driver and passenger seats.

It was a pretty lengthy install, tbh. Not sure I am going to want to take it off in October.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Installed CJ parking lights in the grill and a set of 3/4" led lights in the fenders for extra blinkers because the bumper bar kinda blocks the cj lights. Was able to finally take it for a long ride last weekend. Man this thing needs gears BAD. 3.07's are terrible. Don't want to re gear until I find a 44 to swap in the rear

• Saturday I replaced a headlight switch, wipers blades, master cylinder gasket, and got a brake light working. Got my new '86 CJ7 PA inspected and put some miles on it yesterday. Drove it to work today with no wipers, WTF, they worked Saturday. The joys of old Jeep ownership. Gotta see if I can get them working so I don't have to drive home in the rain without any wipers. The drive to work without them in the rain was less than ideal.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• RainX helps a lot! You might have a binding issue. CJ frames are known for the holes where the wiper pivots go through getting bent up.

I just went through that with mine.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Pulled it in garage at work, breaker had worked itself loose from the fuse box. Then the battery , taken from my CJ8, crapped out. 5 minutes earlier it cranked the Jeep fine and fired up in 1 second. Jumped it and drove home with wipers, parked it and it would not start. I didn't realize how expensive batteries have gotten. $125+ at all chain parts stores.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• I've been doing that for 25+ years

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!