Pinned What have you done to your Jeep today?

** 2019 Membership page is open! **

• New driver side alloy axle shafts to replace the ones that had egged-out u-joint ears.

Who doesn't love seeing the number 4340 on a Jeep part?

~ JD
      * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.
    • altierior wrote:

New driver side alloy axle shafts to replace the ones that had egged-out u-joint ears.

Who doesn't love seeing the number 4340 on a Jeep part?

I just bought all my chromo shafts for my 60s one at a time from the Amazon warehouse. The drivers inner was 52 dollars. I got two rear shafts for the driver side of my 60 for 32 bucks total.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Lightning Fabrication - 484-667-7475
      facebook.com/Lightning-Fabrication-1705526303010275/
    • What have you done to your Jeep today?

This is over the course of this year.

My frame went from this in my frame to this.

I chipped the scale off a used bumper I bought and painted it. I also added some back up lights in the bumper.

I also replaced all my rear suspension bolts and bushings, cut out and replaced my rear body mounts, replaced my drivers seatbelt and re-installed my cb antenna after it was ripped off.

Now I bit the bullet and ordered a trans rebuild kit.

Did I mention I never really worked on vehicles and kinda don’t like working on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The post was edited 1 time, last by willf650 ().

• typical failure on an ax-15. Be aware its a difficult trans to rebuild and the parts sometime exceed the cost of a reman unit. I would say the transfer case is a 2-3 on a 10 scale. The ax-15 is a 7-8. Just dont want to see u dive into something thats not worth the effort.
      '88 YJ with not much '88 left. :)
      Team Mall Crawler #609
      Werock Stock Class we-rock.cc
      Werock '06 - 2nd East Coast, 5th overall Werock '07 - 3rd East Coast Sponsored by: The Drive Shaft Shop driveshaftshop.com Delaware Jeep Assoc. delawareja.com
    • What have you done to your Jeep today?

I just got done chucking a new relay in my winch and a $17 wireless control from Amazon.

This is a pic with the old relay but the little box in the corner is the wireless receiver. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for most if not all winches out there.

I’m a little disappointed that the reverse contacts on the relay went bad. I’ve only used the winch a couple times so there no reason for the contacts to stop working. At least I found it in testing the wireless controller and not when I actually needed the winch.

The post was edited 1 time, last by willf650 ().

• willf650 wrote:

astape wrote:

what trans is in it?
      Ax15

I already rebuilt the transfer case. Once I do the trans the motor will be the only thing left. The axles are already done.

The trans is starting to have issues grinding goin in and out of 3rd.

Dont forget to use the new approved fluid in there, 10w-30 conventional motor oil. its known to help syncro life, thats what mopar calls for on the 5 speeds