What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Would have been better HAHA :razz:

lol. actually i was fortunate to have had excellent spotters with me. randy (shorebird) and wayne (phillyguy) were my spotters most of the day. this axle/shock breakage happened to occur on a not-all-that-difficult rocky section of trail when i didn't need a spotter and nothing should have broken.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• installed a 4.0L Throttle body on my 2.5 intake. noticed a big improvement. the little 2.5 wants to go now. only thing is that when i come off throttle rpms stay up for a little longer then before. I can deal though.

• got an ed's custom trac bar built and welded one some extra metal to the trac bar bracket. New drop pitman arm, drag link end and alignment

• Bought it a sailcloth replace-a-top, which unfortunatly is on backorder. Now, how hard is it to swap out with the old one? :? :?

• Its easy just need to cut off the old one and shoe horn on the new one.
    I would layout your new in a room inside so that it warms up and is easier to strech.
    Then take off your old top including the hardware and put your new top on the hardware inside your house. It will be much easier.

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• vacuumed it and ran it thru the car wash. a rare event indeed.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Bought it a sailcloth replace-a-top, which unfortunatly is on backorder. Now, how hard is it to swap out with the old one? :? :?

http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/79122.pdf

not sure if that helps.. but basically i just take the frame off, ive swapped tops and frames like 4 times so i'm basically a pro. :laughing:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Tinted my rear soft top windows with VHT window tint spray. Worked pretty well but I put too much on the back window and it's really hard to see out of so I'm gonna spray my other back window. I also need to see if I can melt and bend the snorkel so it's lined up with my windshield frame better, but I don't mind it that much. Coming this week: 33" MT/r's and a 1" BL. Would like to do a 1" MML to eliminate the t-case drop as well.

• what is the snorkel off of?? its going to be hard to heat and bend without collapsing the tube...be careful....

(though not jeep related) i primed and started painting the skids for my FJ cruiser...new TRD wheels/BFG AT's on their way...anyone care if a FJcruiser joins you guys for a mild rausch trip??

• Cussed it up and down because some dumbass designed a rivet that won't come off the screw.

• picked up a steering conversion kit :)

~ JD

• Finally got around to installing Hawk LTS brake pads and power slot rotors. WOW, what a huge difference in braking power.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!