What have you done to your Jeep today?

• In the process of cleaning up the frame and coating it with chassis saver. I wish I was ripping this D35 out and tossing it in the trash along with the 3.07 gears but haven't found a 44 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Most go with an 8.8 on a TJ because they are coil sprung already

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Most go with an 8.8 on a TJ because they are coil sprung already

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've been searching fb marketplace and Craig's every week. There's actually a 8.8 with an arctec truss and Solid diff cover I found down in MD for $500. It's already in an TJ. I think it's got 4.10 in it. I should probably try and get it. Not really sure what to look for though.

• not really anything u have to look for. Its pretty staight foward if it has a control arm/spring bucket mounts already done then it will pretty much bolt in. U may need different ebrake cables and a different soft line for the brakes.

• The 8.8 is a little narrower than my D35 right. I already have an 1.5 spacer now to convert lug pattern to JK wheels. Should I get a 2" spacer to make up for the difference or just leave it.

• its maybe .5" narrower. It should not make a difference. U may also need to shorten the driveshaft and get an adator flange because the 8.8 doesnt use a yoke.

• I made a deal with the guy yesterday. $600 for the 8.8 and his dana 30 front that way I don't have to re gear my front. He already has the flange adapter for driveshaft. I just need to get cables for the emergency brakes. I guess I will make this one big project and drop my tank and replace the shocks and tank skid at the same time as Aaron suggested.

• I made a deal with the guy yesterday. $600 for the 8.8 and his dana 30 front that way I don't have to re gear my front. He already has the flange adapter for driveshaft. I just need to get cables for the emergency brakes. I guess I will make this one big project and drop my tank and replace the shocks and tank skid at the same time as Aaron suggested.

• I couldn't take the crappy sound any more so I threw these in place of the factory speakers. Tremendous difference! Btw amazon is about half the cost of qtec on these things. All 4 speakers are plug and play. Pay no attention to all the sand in the jeep...

• Picked up my axles yesterday. Fri I installed a new Kenwood head unit, Focal 6.5" speakers in soundbar, and a 10" powered sub. The stereo totally transformed the driving experience. I Found myself driving around all weekend just listening to music and going nowhere.

• looks like the 8.8 just needs a little work on the hard brake lines and its set. Well a good cleaning and some paint too.

• looks like the 8.8 just needs a little work on the hard brake lines and its set. Well a good cleaning and some paint too.

Yea those hard lines aren't going to cut it. East coast gear supply sells a bunch of parts for them so I figured I would grab a set of brake lines and emergency brake cables when I ordered the flange adapter for the driveshaft. I started cleaning it up last night so I can coat it with the chassis saver paint I used on my frame.

• Passed inspection on the TJ on Friday. It was due in February so I was only a little late, I've been driving the WJ down the beach...didn't put a tag on the TJ this year. Failed on the first pass, one of the high beams was out. Pulled into Lowes, fixed a broken wire and was back in line in 9 minutes.

Need to take the windows/top and doors off the TJ today and drive it around. I forget what it's like to have an open air jeep.

• So this guy showed up at my house:

With these:

To help go from this:

To this:

Huge shout out to Quadratec for their amazing customer service and their support of DEJA and the Jeep community.

• I installed my hyline offroad hood louver the other day and a set of high beam offroad headlights. The hood louvers help tremendously with the heat coming up through the floor going down the highway.

• Replaced leaving caliper and sandblasted my rims and painted hammered grey. Came out pretty good.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Installed some LED lights, 2- 6" rear facing. 1 cube for a dome light, and 4 cube for a reverse. The dome and the rears can be switched on or off together or separately.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!