Pinned What have you done to your Jeep today?

** 2019 Membership page is open! **

• What have you done to your Jeep today?

Most go with an 8.8 on a TJ because they are coil sprung already

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Americans are not a particular people from a particular place or a particular religion. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, anywhere, is an American.

Slimer wrote:

Most go with an 8.8 on a TJ because they are coil sprung already

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've been searching fb marketplace and Craig's every week. There's actually a 8.8 with an arctec truss and Solid diff cover I found down in MD for $500. It's already in an TJ. I think it's got 4.10 in it. I should probably try and get it. Not really sure what to look for though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • not really anything u have to look for. Its pretty staight foward if it has a control arm/spring bucket mounts already done then it will pretty much bolt in. U may need different ebrake cables and a different soft line for the brakes.
      '88 YJ with not much '88 left. :)
      Team Mall Crawler #609
      Werock Stock Class we-rock.cc
      Werock '06 - 2nd East Coast, 5th overall Werock '07 - 3rd East Coast Sponsored by: The Drive Shaft Shop driveshaftshop.com Delaware Jeep Assoc. delawareja.com
    • its maybe .5" narrower. It should not make a difference. U may also need to shorten the driveshaft and get an adator flange because the 8.8 doesnt use a yoke.
      Team Mall Crawler #609
      Werock '06 - 2nd East Coast, 5th overall Werock '07 - 3rd East Coast Sponsored by: The Drive Shaft Shop driveshaftshop.com Delaware Jeep Assoc. delawareja.com

I made a deal with the guy yesterday. $600 for the 8.8 and his dana 30 front that way I don't have to re gear my front. He already has the flange adapter for driveshaft. I just need to get cables for the emergency brakes. I guess I will make this one big project and drop my tank and replace the shocks and tank skid at the same time as Aaron suggested.

I made a deal with the guy yesterday. $600 for the 8.8 and his dana 30 front that way I don't have to re gear my front. He already has the flange adapter for driveshaft. I just need to get cables for the emergency brakes. I guess I will make this one big project and drop my tank and replace the shocks and tank skid at the same time as Aaron suggested.

• New

I couldn't take the crappy sound any more so I threw these in place of the factory speakers. Tremendous difference! Btw amazon is about half the cost of qtec on these things. All 4 speakers are plug and play. Pay no attention to all the sand in the jeep...
      Images
      • kicker 3.jpg

232.33 kB, 750×1,000, viewed 11 times
      • kicker 2.jpg

155 kB, 750×1,000, viewed 9 times
      • kicker 4.jpg

219.47 kB, 750×1,000, viewed 11 times

New

Picked up my axles yesterday. Fri I installed a new Kenwood head unit, Focal 6.5" speakers in soundbar, and a 10" powered sub. The stereo totally transformed the driving experience. I Found myself driving around all weekend just listening to music and going nowhere.

• New

looks like the 8.8 just needs a little work on the hard brake lines and its set. Well a good cleaning and some paint too.
      Team Mall Crawler #609