**** Why Join DEJA ? ****

• To skip right to how to join, click here: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=34321.0

--
    People often ask: "Why should I become a Member?" or "What do I get as a Member?".

Here are my thoughts as someone who joined DEJA in Jan. 2003 and have been very involved with the club ever since.

First, "What is DEJA?".

DEJA is a group of people with the common bond of being Jeep owners and enthusiasts.

Some have owned many Jeeps, some like myself are first time Jeep owners.

We often have different reasons for having a Jeep or different ideas of how a Jeep should look, what it should be used for, etc.

Jeeps and the purpose they were bought for tend to vary as much as the people that own them.

But again, the common bond is we all love Jeeps.

Next, "What does DEJA do?"

Like the Jeeps and the people that own them what we do as Club Members varies widely.

Many like to take their Jeeps rock-crawling. We organize monthly trips to Rausch Creek Off Road Park as well as twice yearly trips to George Washington National Forest.

Some, like myself enjoy riding on the beach and fishing. We often get together for weekends and do a once yearly surf fishing tournament.

Others just use their Jeeps as their daily driver. We as a Club try to touch all aspects of Jeep ownership and usage.

We have regularly scheduled Club meetings that all are welcome to attend.

Here we discuss and handle club business as well as catch up with friends.

Meeting dates can be found HERE.

We also do several charity type things with Jeeps for Joy being our flagship cause.

We collect and deliver toys for hospitalized children at Christmas.

We also collect and send packages to the Troops several times a year.

And then of course there is our website which is how you found us.

It serves as the primary communication channel for DEJA Members and guests.

Here we discuss everything from our Jeeps to just about anything imaginable.

We also have swap meet forums for selling and buying things both Jeep and otherwise.

The website is free to use by everyone as long as our rules are respected.

"Why join DEJA?"

DEJA is 100% Member supported.

We do not need to take advertising or support from outside sources.

We achieve this through Membership fees and products we sell through the Club store.

As an Incorporated nonprofit Club we are required to file a franchise statement with the State of DE. This costs us $$.

Running the website costs us $$ for server fees. We are fortunate to have a Member that functions as our webmaster without charge.

We as a Club also hosts several functions during the year such as the "Spring Fling" that costs us for food and the venue.

DEJA also makes a yearly donation to Jeeps For Joy that helps them fill the specific needs of sick children.

People frequently ask: "What do I get as a Member?"

Well, all the above as a start.

You also get a Member sticker and free gallery space, but what you really get at least in my opinion may not be as tangible.

I for one, enjoy the feeling of belonging to a great organization that is made up of great people that do some great things.

Without your support we would not be able to do the things we do.

Hopefully, this answers some of the commonly asked questions.

Related links:

Jeeps For Joy http://www.jeepsforjoy.org

Raucsh Creek Offroad Park http://www.rc4x4.org

• What do I get as a member?

Shared Jeep knowledge and a helping hand that is always open when I need help fixing or modifying the Jeep.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Changed my life. Great memories.

I'm still a dweeb, but now I'm a dweeb with a Jeep and a few really cool friends.

Worth every penny.

The sticker is nice too.

• When your friends and family think you are insane to upgrade perfectly good parts on your Jeep...we completely understand and will help and encourage you. ;)

• this is a friendly community where you can come for jeep tech, trail talk, or just to shoot the breeze.

i'm active in a few clubs, and there is a lot of talk out there. this club, more than any other that i know, isn't just talk. we have a core group of people who are serious about the sport of offroading and are avid wheelers. these are good people to wheel with, regardless of your level of experience, and no matter if your jeep is stock or built.

on a trail ride with DeJA, you will have fun and make friends.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• X2 on all of the above. I've learned a lot, made a lot of friends and even married a Jeeper. What could be better than that?!

• Joining this club is probably the best thing that Woody ever did. He joined while we were still dating. It wasn't long before I got a jeep too. If it weren't for being members here there's a lot of things that we would never have done, people we would have never met, and would not have had the fun times at all the events. I had never considered surf-fishing until joining DeJA and I didn't know you go off-roading in the mountains like we do.

People who are just guests and read the forums and get involved in discussions are one thing, however it's the Members that keep this club going and growing.

• ...and its making me have dangerous second thoughts on keeping my Cherokee >:(

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• Being in this club not only gave me my 2 bestfriends! but the ability to incorporate a bubble machine and snow machine into my life! lol :laughing: I love this place

• So far at meetings this year, I've won one or two $35 Rausch Creek passes and a DEJA T-shirt. Not bad for the $30 membership fee. (And the years not even over yet.)

(I also won some cool passion party stuff but it was a raffle so anyone could with that.) Thanks Flutterby. ;D

• So far at meetings this year, I've won one or two $35 Rausch Creek passes and a DEJA T-shirt. Not bad for the $30 membership fee. (And the years not even over yet.)

(I also won some cool passion party stuff but it was a raffle so anyone could with that.) Thanks Flutterby. ;D

wow, sounds like i need to get me to some meetings!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• When your friends and family think you are insane to upgrade perfectly good parts on your Jeep...we completely understand and will help and encourage you. ;)

I dont know, when you upgrade perfectly good parts with chrome, you are on your own dude :innocent:

• I dont know, when you upgrade perfectly good parts with chrome, you are on your own dude :innocent:

Another benefit of DEJA is you will meet swell friends who will wait patiently for any chance to bust your stones. :box:

• You win. I'm in...

it was the 'bust your stones' thing that tipped your decision, wasn't it? :D

~ JD

• I have made some of the best friends I could imagine on here. Being a guest on a forum is one thing, as many have stated before, but being a member often allows you to get a better deal or free items in the "For Sale" section. I do work for paid members on the site for a lot less then I do for guests or from other forums.

Seriously, there are not many other places where you can meet so many people that would pull together without a first thought and help out an individual in need. I have seen it many many times here. The friends met here will last a lifetime.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Seriously, there are not many other places where you can meet so many people that would pull together without a first thought and help out an individual in need. I have seen it many many times here. The friends met here will last a lifetime.

Roger that. I could count on one hand how many friends I have that could call me at 3 AM from a Mexican prison and know that I'd be on my way with as much guns, ammo, and bad attitude I could bring. Of those, I've met a few here... :suspicious:

• I could count on one hand how many friends I have that could call me at 3 AM from a Mexican prison and know that I'd be on my way with as much guns, ammo, and bad attitude I could bring.

i don't believe that. i think that you would do that for just about anyone, just so you'd have a good excuse to break out lots of guns, ammo, and bad attitude.

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!