Surf Fishing Beach Closures

• State Parks News - Jan. 4, 2010

Surf Fishing Crossings Closed: Faithful Steward crossing, Keybox Road crossing and Conquest Road crossing at Delaware Seashore State Park are closed for the winter. They will re-open March 1, 2010. York crossing and South crossing (Fenwick Island) remain closed pending beach repairs by Division of Soil & Water beach replenishment crew.3R’s Road and Middle Crossing (Fenwick Island) are the only surf fishing crossings currently open.

• How early in the year do people start surf fishing (and actually catch stuff)?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Henlopen is not mentioned. Is it still open?

How early in the year do people start surf fishing (and actually catch stuff)?

I love going this time of year. The beaches are empty.
    Even when I've tried to fish though, I haven't had much luck. (Not that I'm that great in the summer either. :doh:)

• Year 'round .
    Longs as the fish are moving .

live spot or fresh mullet/bunker. Ive caught some 5' sharks and a few big blue fish, rock fish, and even a large flatty. Walmart has "bubblers" that attach to the side of like a 5 gallon bucket, go and buy 6 or a dozen live spot..paddle out and drop it. I cheat and use my 9'3" longboard as my substitute for a kayak. But seriously getting live bait out far gets you past the junk skates and stuff. :fishing:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• def looking forward to a good summer of fishing

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I will be surf fishing this summer on Hutchinson Island , ocean side (east coast) Florida, South of Cape Canaveral. supposed to be awesome there. Have a condo for the week.. Anyone have any idea what I might expect to catch ?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• why sailfish of course! :fishing:

Search a local bait shop in the area and phone them and ask! No one knows.. like the locals do.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!