Track bar snapped, can not get this bolt out..

• the shiny silver bolt at the axle end of the track bar will not come out, stripped the torx bit out of it, grinded (flattened) the head down, welded a nut on to it, wouldn't budge, snapped the nut off. Used one of those "back out bits" after drilling about 1/4 inch into the bolt the "back out bit" bit well, headed the entire bolt with a torch, tried wrenching it out with the back out bit dug in deep in place, it wouldnt move.

Need help/ideas. Located in middletown

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Grind the head off of it and drive it out with a punch or air chisel.

Won't the bolt bottom out on the axle tube when you try to punch it through? I forget actually. To be honest, I'd have gotten pissed off and burned the effer out but with what you've tried already, maybe a slow drill through the bolt is the only option.

Good luck Jamie.

• I was thinking that too when I was posting. Can you get a blade on the axleside of the bushing though? I couldn't on mine.

• i think so, that was our next step, just wasnt sure if there was a jeep trick i hadnt heard about yet, besides calm english :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :bang: :bang: :bang:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• X2, that bolt should have a nut on the backside. Put a wrench on it.

that can be a mother to get a wrench on... the same thing happened to me..i ended up grinding it into a "square" and vise griping it out.

X2, that bolt should have a nut on the backside. Put a wrench on it.

I think he means the other end of the track bar, the high drivers side

• Truth be said!!!!!!!! Take a sawsall to each side of the track bar.......................You language will improve.................. ;D Replace it with grade 8 bolt and washers......

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• all went well guys. thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!