• once i became accustomed to the touchscreen keyboard, i never used the physical keyboard again. i kinda wish it weren't there now, my phone would probably be thinner and lighter.

and now that i have the voice-to-text input, i rarely use the touchscreen keyboard either.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• sheesh I'm just waiting to get a single good Android phone from AT&T. They don't have anything good enough to compete with the iphone. Just the HTC Aria which is a lower end phone. :(

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• sheesh I'm just waiting to get a single good Android phone from AT&T. They don't have anything good enough to compete with the iphone. Just the HTC Aria which is a lower end phone. :(

then switch to verizon :P

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• 4 phones on the plan, all with different contract dates. would cost a bit, and a huge headache to switch.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• The Samsung Captivate is coming soon...it looks like an alright phone...4" display, 5MP, 720p video capture, 1Ghz proc. It certainly won't be the best out there but it's the best AT&T will have for a while. The thing that sucks about Android on ATT is they lock it so you can't install non-Market apps....stupidest decision ever.

• Dumb question...

I currently have the Env II, and the web experience is frustrating at best.

Do the newer 'smart" phones offer more capabilities as far as surfing the web?

it's a lot more refined! Look on YouTube for review clips of the new phones. A lot of them have speed tests that show how the web browser works.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Dumb question...

I currently have the Env II, and the web experience is frustrating at best.

Do the newer 'smart" phones offer more capabilities as far as surfing the web?

I'm on my phone right now and it looks and acts mostly like my laptop. It's light years ahead of any Blackberry browsers I had.

• Yeah there is a massive difference. On Android you can have different browsers that allow tabbed browsing. You can also open multiple windows.

It's just like being on a laptop like Bill said.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Well, as long as you aren't on a iPhone trying to view a Flash site.

:fueltofire:

True. :idiot:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Well we haven't even gotten Froyo yet on the Dinc. Maybe they'll skip that and go straight to 3.0? :shrug:

:spinrhead:

• My Droid X should be arriving today.

Awesome.

I know a couple people who have them and they seem to love them. :up:

I finally got re-rooted using THIS after losing it when Sprint figured out the last one.
    Ahhh....much better. :mrgreen:

• What exactly is that?

I hear all this stuff about "jailbreak" etc.

What are you trying to fix?

• Just Rooted my T-Mobile G1 and installed Fryo on it last night. It's not as smooth on the G1 because of the hardware but runs pretty damn good. Still playing with the features but so far I like it. I want to get the new Galaxy S from T-Mobile or also known as the Samsung Vibrant. The specs are pretty sweet for it.

• What exactly is that?

I hear all this stuff about "jailbreak" etc.

What are you trying to fix?

Andoid is Linux based so "Rooting" basically gives you root control of the OS. The carriers want to control things such as Wi-Fi tethering so that they can charge $30 a month for it. Rooting allows you to bypass these controls so you can use programs not normally allowed to run.

There are others on here with WAY more knowledge on it but that the basics.

• Andoid is Linux based so "Rooting" basically gives you root control of the OS. The carriers want to control things such as Wi-Fi tethering so that they can charge $30 a month for it. Rooting allows you to bypass these controls so you can use programs not normally allowed to run.

There are others on here with WAY more knowledge on it but that the basics.

Gotcha.

• Big Brother Steve Jobs does not approve of this thread.

On a serious note, I'm waiting for Cyanogen Mod 6 to get released before I root my Droid. It's in release candidate status so hopefully soon. Froyo is supposed to be blazing fast (unlike new iOS versions where they get progressively slower). They rooted the Droid Incredible the other day so hopefully it will get some Froyo love too. There's a lot of stuff floating around on the intarweb about how the Droid X's bootloader is locked down so custom ROMs will be next to impossible. Some of it appears to be FUD (about it intentionally bricking the device with an 'e-fuse' if you try to hack it) but it looks like the X will be a tough nut to crack.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!