• I went to verizon yesterday to inquire about switching to them. Not going to happen
    1. the s3 would need to be order and I probably wouldn't get it until July 7th time frame.
    2. It would be $70 a month for a talk/ text plan plus an additional $30 a month if you want a smart phone.

screw that, I'll wait for T-Mobile

• I traded my Blackberry in for a Galaxy Nexus. I was debating between the IPhone 4 (don't see myself needing the Sirus thingy) and an Android. My wife wanted me to get an Iphone so I can play Words with Friends with her. I read many of the comments in this thread (got to page 7 or 8. I liked the bigger screen of the Android which was probably the main deciding factor. I liked the color display of this phone. I think the main determining factor for me was the fact you guys (more techy than me) seem to gravitate more towards Androids than I phones. Plus I've watched my wife play words with friends. She takes too long to reply.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I traded my Blackberry in for a Galaxy Nexus. I was debating between the IPhone 4 (don't see myself needing the Sirus thingy) and an Android. My wife wanted me to get an Iphone so I can play Words with Friends with her. I read many of the comments in this thread (got to page 7 or 8. I liked the bigger screen of the Android which was probably the main deciding factor. I liked the color display of this phone. I think the main determining factor for me was the fact you guys (more techy than me) seem to gravitate more towards Androids than I phones. Plus I've watched my wife play words with friends. She takes too long to reply.

I have Words with Friends on my DroidX...

• We're hoping to have our S3's by the 7th, haven't gotten a ship notice yet. We had to upgrade/order phones before the end of June to keep our grandfathered unlimited data plan. My wife's dinc was acting up, too and the S3 sounds great.

• I picked up my s3 last Saturday from Tmobile and so far I like it a lot. It has a lot of features so that means theres a lot of settings to play with to get it set up the way you want.

• Been using m s3 for a couple weeks now. Real fast and since it is real close function wise to my gallaxy tab it was easy to learn . The service with att is also real good. I use the speach to text all the time and although not perfect its good enough.

Aaron

• We're hoping to have our S3's by the 7th, haven't gotten a ship notice yet. We had to upgrade/order phones before the end of June to keep our grandfathered unlimited data plan. My wife's dinc was acting up, too and the S3 sounds great.

Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday.

• Mine was "next day" aired last Monday. Tracking says it'll be here this Monday. :doh: My EVO screen is shattered so it can't come soon enough.

First order of business is a root and possibly CM9 and then CM10 if they get Jelly Bean figured out quickly enough.

I'm gonna miss my old EVO though.

• Finally got my S3. Google wallet doesn't work yet, Sprint's LTE isn't active yet, CyanogenMOD 9 isn't available yet (hopefully it will skip directly to CM10 :suspicious:)

All I could do is root it and tweak a few things. :bang:

It's a blazing fast phone but I'll be happier when I get rid of all of the Samsung BS and get a stripped down custom ROM.

• It's a blazing fast phone but I'll be happier when I get rid of all of the Samsung BS and get a stripped down custom ROM.

With ICS you can remove or hide and freeze from updates all the bloatware.

How to get rid of the pesky ongoing wireless notification:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2012…on-the-verizon-galaxy-s3/

• I'm a few months late to the party but I got an S4 yesterday. So far I like it, I never thought my old phone (Galaxy Nexus) was slow but this thing is blazing fast. I'm not a fan of the physical home button, they probably have it so it's more familiar to iphone converts but I can deal with it. Unfortunately the bootloader isn't unlockable after the latest update so I'm stuck running the actual OS that came with the phone which I haven't done since my Droid1 circa 2009. LED notifications don't work with Handcent SMS, need to find a way around that. Screen is beautiful and bigger (5.0) than my GNex (4.65) in a ever so slightly taller/wider but thinner phone. With only half a day of usage it's hard to comment on battery life but it seems better than the old phone. I picked up the wireless charging back and I'm waiting for the Qi charger (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ductive_power_standard%29) to get here. No need to plug the phone in, just put it down on the pad and it charges which is really cool. I am constantly on my phone during the day and it's a PITA to plug/unplug it all the time to maintain battery charge for when I need to leave for meetings and such so this will actually serve a functional purpose. Also nice to be able to have a phone with a microSD slot again, it came with 16GB on board and I grabbed another 64 for $35 for 80GB of total storage.

All in all, pretty kick ass phone. Motorola just dropped a bunch of phones but I don't think any of them top the S4, it should continue to be the kingpin until at least the holiday season.

• I got my Samsung S4 just before Big Dogs. Super fast, great battery life. Superb camera (my pics from Big Dogs are great, and I apologize for not having posted them yet). I didn't like the physical Home button.

Overall, I didn't particulary care for the S4. This was likely because I was coming from a Thunderbolt and I like the feel of the HTC interface. My brother, however, was overcome with insufferable phone envy. So I used another upgrade on my account to get myself the HTC One, and gave him my S4.

Serendipitously, a few weeks prior my brother had been pushed (fully clothed and S3 in pocket) into a swimming pool. He used his insurance and got a 'new' (refurb) S3. So he now has a nearly new S4, I have the One, and we a have a practically new Samsung S3 listed on eBay.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• LED notifications don't work with Handcent SMS, need to find a way around that.

Have you tried Go SMS?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!