Stafford's 8.8 Project

• I am a huge fan of Coast Driveline and still have a dealership with them. I can get their shafts with the proper 8.8 mounting pretty cheap. Geoff let me know when youre ready and I will get you some prices. The owner of Coast is one of the coolest people I have ever talked to. I ran their shafts for a while. I had a High angle for a bit and got rid of it with my 8.8 a while ago. Before that I had a Tom Woods and never had an issue. I can get an SYE kit from Coast also. I would honestly say that Coast makes the nicest stuff that I have seen, as far as a DS goes. They lifetime warranty all of their work. Custom shafts are normally delivered in less than 2 weeks. I believe that John "Slimer" has gotten one from me, along with a number of other people including Brian "Quantum". I wouldn't get any other company's shaft.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I misspoke. I used Coast, not HAD. I was reading that HAD article on Pirate and got them stuck in my head. But HAD is a great company from what I hear...

http://coastdriveline.com/Drivelines.htm

http://coastdriveline.com/DriveShafts.htm

Yeah. I was almost positive you used Coast and that confused the hell out of me. :laughing:

Custom shafts are normally delivered in less than 2 weeks.

For a common application like Geoff's, I would bet money they have it in stock and set at the proper length. When I was looking for one, he had a bunch made up to fit a variety of lift heights and u joint applications.

X2 on what Ed said about their staff being very knowledgeable and friendly. :up:

• 8.8 going in this Saturday. Got the axle, brake parts, Riddler diff cover and UCF skid are sitting in front of my house drying with a fresh coat of paint, pair of Rusty's adjustable UCA's, got fluid, picking up a 231 w SYE this afternoon, need to grab flange bolts from the dealer as well. Lubelocker should be sitting on my front porch when I get home. The driveshaft situation is a bit up in the air right now and I have a feeling it will be FWD for a bit and ordering one on Monday.

Anyone have thoughts on putting a slider on? I'd like something that at least partially protects the d/s.

• bolts for the flange and adapter are a normal 1/2" fine thread, no need for dealer, just locktight em.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• How did things go yesterday? From what I heard, this was the install from hell.

Ran into some problems but 'install from hell' is a bit much. Post pics and stuff tonight. Short version of the story, probably should have gotten the MORE brackets instead of the Clayton but my rear shocks are relocated now. :) It's driving now, I need to pickup some adjustable lowers as the pumpkin is sitting very close to the gas tank skid...need to pull it in a bit. Also, the tummy tuck isn't giving the xfer case bracket enough room so it's hitting the floorboard. Going to need to cut that out and basically put a little bump in to give it room.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!