What are you running for aftermarket seats

• I have a nice set of seats out of a Saturn in mine.. You can usually get some good deals on bone yard seats. Plus you can get power and heated seats! Some simple mods and a little measuring is all you need. Most of those racing seats are way uncomfortable. Hard to beat OEM seats, especially from a sports car.

That link .. wow, $599 , I hope that s for a pair.. You can get a great pair of seats from a wreck for like $200.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• I have neoprene corbeau moabs. They started out black and faded to almost white after one summer in the sun. I wish I has gotten the vinyl baja seate. My buddy(humat14 here) has the fixed back bajas and they have held up much better. When I re do my cage I'll probably tie in a set of the bajas.

• I have a nice set of seats out of a Saturn in mine.. You can usually get some good deals on bone yard seats. Plus you can get power and heated seats! Some simple mods and a little measuring is all you need. Most of those racing seats are way uncomfortable. Hard to beat OEM seats, especially from a sports car.

That link .. wow, $599 , I hope that s for a pair.. You can get a great pair of seats from a wreck for like $200.

Not really interested in used seat theres is a huge thread over on JF about junk yard seats but most do not look good in a Jeep IMHO or seat too high. I spend about a 1,000 miles a week driving a truck with a air seat and the worn Jeeps seats need to go.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Edited once, last by 92Renegade ().

• I'm running the ones you linked to Neill. The ability to recline has been nice and they are pretty comfortable.

That said, after seeing and sitting in Aarons Mastercrafts, I think they are definitely more comfortable than mine and the quality seemed to be just as good if not better. Definitely look into Mastercrafts.

• That specific link is for a pair. I sat in a Baja RS seat during a demo at Qtec by Corbeau and really liked them. Very comfortable and held you in place pretty well thanks to the big side bolsters. I'd get them for my XJ if I had the money. Almost bought them a couple times when I was at Qtec. :)

I haven't seen a single neoprene seat/cover that didn't fade. There are a few UV protectants you can use to slow down the fade, though. Quadratec sells them from Wet Okole ( http://www.quadratec.com/products/91083_200.htm ) but you can get it from any shop that deals with neoprene, even scuba shops.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Wow like the Mastercrafts http://www.quadratec.com/products/24232_11X_PG.htm but they are out of my price range. I don't mind spending money for good seats but I'd be over a grand for 2 seats for my YJ :bang: .

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Edited once, last by 92Renegade ().

• Wow like the Mastercrafts http://www.quadratec.com/products/24232_11X_PG.htm but they are out of my price range. I don't mind spending money for good seats but I'd be over a grand for 2 seats for my YJ :bang: .

Holy crap. I got both my Corbeau's for way less than that. They were comfortable but dayum....that's some big bucks.

• Need to look into the prp's. Poly Perfomance sells them. They may not recline, but they are just as good as the Mastercrafts. Most of the racers use them because they are affordable. BTW, If you mount the seat right you dont need the recline.

Aaron

• Ive got the these... http://www.mastercraftmil.com/seats.php (First ones pictured) I picked them up from someone on Pirate $650 for the pair Never used. They are very comfortable. Plus they came with harnesses and even have a blast rating, just in case I decide to join the A-Team and become a soldier of fortune.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'm running Leon Rosser cheapies with seat heaters that I added. :innocent: They were $99 a piece 15 years ago. :spinrhead:

Need to be recovered now. The vinyl is dried out. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Seriously, why not search the junk yards ? Unless your after seats for a 5pt harness...

http://www.jeepforum.com/wiki/index.php/CJ/YJ_Seat_swaps
    Direct Bolt in Swaps

[li]Sunfire: '95-'03, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling) [/li]

[li]Cavalier: '95-'03, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling)'03 Cavi Write-up by instg8tor on Jeepforum [/li]
      [li]Sunbird: '99-'01, 2 Door only (4 door seats require some drilling) [/li]
      [li]Olds Acheiva: '96,'97 [/li]
      [li]Grand Am: '95-'01 [/li]
      [li]Grand Prix: '95-'01 (These WILL NOT direct bolt into a late 70's CJ.)[/li]

Minor Modification Swaps

[li]Toyota Celica Seats [/li]

[li]S10: First generation '82-'94 and second generation '94+ Requires some minor drilling to relocate bolt holes and your done. [/li]

[li]Camaro: '82+, Same as the S10 seats, requires minor drilling to relocate bolt holes. [/li]

[li]Ford Contour: '95-'00: Some modification is required if you have the electric drivers side seat. The pass side seat is direct bolt in. '00 Install: Write-up by 5ringleader on Jeepforum [/li]

[li]Ford Ranger: '94 60/40 split bench seats: Redrill two holes and bolt the seats up to the Jeep risers and vuala! You lose the center console but get the fold down middle armrest with storage in it. They do not adjust in the backrest. Picture Link Courtesy of MetZenDS on Jeepforum [/li]

[li]Ford Explorer: '96 explorer power seats bolt up with minor mods to the side plastic to keep the fold forward feature of the YJ seats. Link Courtesy of Kit05 on Jeepforum [/li]

Just cant imagine spending $600 on seats.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• When I had a YJ, I put in seats from Ford Probe GT.. They sat a bit too high, but worked fine with a smaller grant GT steering wheel. One key measurement is the Seat thickness.. If they are too thick , the seat may be too high up. I have the Saturn seats in my CJ and love them, I did make new risers by stacking 2 pieces of 1 1/4 " square tubing. Looks very clean.

• I have the 1st gen Bestop Trail Max Love them except for they recline by turning a wheel on the side. Bestop has changed to a lever to recline got a deal on them at the PA Jeeps show 3yrs ago. When I had my CJ8 I had 89 Mustang seats in it VERY COMFY SEATS and easy to mount IIRC had to redrill the rear holes on the sliders(dr side) and riser(pass side)and cheap (1 case of Coors Light)

Formerly EMS 3420

Edited once, last by EMS 34 20 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!