** RCRocs Club Competition and Jeep 101 ** Saturday, April 9th & Sunday, April 10th

• RCRocs Club Competition
    Once again, I want to get this up early because it is a fun event.

On Saturday, April 9th, DEJA's Team 111 will be competing the [url=http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,12531.0.html]RCRocs Club Competition[/url] hosted by Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

For the last two years, DEJA has done surprisingly well against some VERY good teams. This year looks to be even tougher.

Representing Team 111 this year will be:
    Astape: Aaron Stapen
    Anx1ous: Pat Delaney
    clendaniel: Ian Clendaniel
    KnoxRents: Bill Knox

More important than the drivers, we have several volunteers to help with scoring, judging, timekeeping, etc. Please post up or PM me if interested. The more the merrier. :)

Anyway...come on out and support the DEJA crew. If you have never been to a competition, it is well worth checking out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trail Ride and Jeep 101
    Additionally, we are running a trail run on Sunday, April 10th, with a small Jeep 101 before hand. We will go over the basics such as airing down, safety, trail etiquette, basic repairs, etc.

As with previous years, this will be a very laid back run and anyone wanting to try out their Jeeps for the first time will learn a lot from this. :up:

• For those unfamiliar, there is camping at Rausch Creek, and the local Comfort Inn offers reduced rates if you mention RC.

You must call the Comfort Inn direct to get the reduced rate. Comfort Inn

Like Billy said this is a really fun event to watch, and it's bound to be even better this year.

• Thanks Keith, I also forgot to mention, we will once again have shirts.

RCrocs Club Comp Shirts $15

Colors are Maroon & Navy

• i see what you did there... :hysterical:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• This is always a great weekend!!! The Comp on Saturday, camping that night (or the Comfort Inn), and the 101 on Sunday. As long as your 4 wheel drive is working we'll get you through the trails. Try to have the basic trail gear, but if something is missing PM me and we'll work something out.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Come on guys...at least show a pic after the cage work and 60's :laughing:

--Ian

That thing is bad ass. I like the cage triangulation. Pirate would be proud. :up:

This is always a great weekend!!! The Comp on Saturday, camping that night (or the Comfort Inn), and the 101 on Sunday. As long as your 4 wheel drive is working we'll get you through the trails. Try to have the basic trail gear, but if something is missing PM me and we'll work something out.

Randy

Here is the link with recommended trail gear.
    http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=30.0
    As Randy said, if you don't have a CB or some other item...don't sweat it. We'll get you taken care of. (Lunch is the most important thing to remember. :mrgreen:) Post up or PM one of us with any questions.

• Wish I could make this but going to be out of town. Is it worthwhile putting a separate thread up advertising what the Jeep 101 to try to increase attendence?

Vegas is a nice alternative for you. Throw a bet on Team 111 for me.

I have thought about separating the threads and agree with you but there really isn't much to discuss regarding the Club Comp and camping and caravaning get's so intertwined that two separate threads seems to get confusing. One year we had three threads and it was a serious CF.

• Definitely remember to pack a lunch! For those with families (didn't know how else to put it) there are no rest rooms on the trails. Prior to arrival art the park you should visit the Rausch Creek Offroad site, www.rauschcreekoffroad.com , download the membership and waiver forms, and complete them. This will not speed up registration, but make you aware of the fees and the rules and regulations. Lets Ride!!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Here's how the competition will go since there are 11 teams this year.

* 3 out of 4 rigs run 4 of the courses
    * all 4 will run the 5th course (set up to be a quick course). Each rig will only sit out once.
    * it will be up to the team to determine who sits out each course.
    * each rig is only permitted to sit out once. If you have a breakdown and cannot run a course, it will be a NO SHOW!!

Also, looks like there was a scoring error last year and a different team than the announced winner actually won. :doh:

• Also, looks like there was a scoring error last year and a different team than the announced winner actually won. :doh:

I heard something was up at the comp but I didn't realize it was true until Aaron mentioned it a few months later. We may have had or been closer to a second place finish than we thought. :)

No worries. It was all for fun anyway. :up:

• Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I are planning to be up there, I'm not to sure I can do all that much since I'm post surgery and all, but I'm willing to do what I can. Maybe a time keeper or somthing light duty. Can't. Wait it was a blast last year.

Andy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!