Tube fender turn signals

• So tube fenders are underway on my TJ and I'm still trying to figure out what Im going to do for turn signals so I'm soliciting opinions. I don't want to put the effort/$ into doing CJ style turn signals in the grill plus I think my winch hoop and fogs might block them anyways. Integrating lights into the tube itself looks really slick but I see myself smashing them on a tree, mounting an external signal(s) above the tube is kinda practical but I don't know if I dig the way they look. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if you need both front and side markers in DE? I found it on DELDOTs site before but can't remember or find it again.

• They are definitely required in PA so I would get them for that alone. What about something like this in amber?

http://www.nem-ind.com/catalog…rmor/led-markerturn-light

It's not going to hang where it can get hit though if you brush a tree it will probably shear the lens. Maybe recess them a little. :shrug:

• Or weld a short piece of tube over them to make a protective ring.

That might cut down on the visibility though.

Keith - I assume if you have an amber lens on your front signal then that counts?

Knox - Hmmm...kinda sexy. I assume the led flasher is required? If so that bumps the total cost for two pairs of lights to $120 which is a bit much.

• Knox - Hmmm...kinda sexy. I assume the led flasher is required? If so that bumps the total cost for two pairs of lights to $120 which is a bit much.

I am not a 100% sure on this but I am pretty sure there is enough resistance in the tail lights and marker lights that the stock flasher will work just fine.

If you were smart, you would ditch the tail lights for LED's so some a-hole doesn't hit it with a hammer again. :mrgreen:

• Keith - I assume if you have an amber lens on your front signal then that counts?

Not just a lens, has to have a reflector in it.

Many of the skinny LED side markers do not.

The one Billy posted does not.

These will not pass even with amber bulbs because the reflective portion is white, not amber.

• Keith - I assume if you have an amber lens on your front signal then that counts?

Negative ghostrider, must be reflective and of 'adequate' size (I'm too lazy right now to dig up the measurement) But from real world experience it really just depends on the mood of the inspector. Honestly I doubt they'd let those fly...MAYBE as sidemarkers but I doubt as primary signals. FWIW they had no issue w/ my JK signals in the grill even though the winch/grill hoop/stinger somewhat obstruct them.

Knox - Hmmm...kinda sexy. I assume the led flasher is required? If so that bumps the total cost for two pairs of lights to $120 which is a bit much.

Nope. Yours is like mine and only needs a trace cut in the factory flasher.

If you were smart, you would ditch the tail lights for LED's so some a-hole doesn't hit it with a hammer again. :mrgreen:

This. :laughing: Since some sellers really suck hows about I just pick you up some LED's and install? I'll even fix the flasher issue.

--Ian

• like u said just grab the stick on type for when u have to go through. or just do like i do, send a hottie in short shorts through the inspection line in your jeep. pass every time haha

• like u said just grab the stick on type for when u have to go through. or just do like i do, send a hottie in short shorts through the inspection line in your jeep. pass every time haha

:worthless:

LOL.

The stick on ones work fine.

A lot of the Isuzu straight trucks have side markers with a separate reflector mounted elsewhere.

• or just do like i do, send a hottie in short shorts through the inspection line in your jeep. pass every time haha

hmmmm...that opens up lots of possibilities, just one problem fo rme, my jeep always needs to be inspected in december and my girlfriend wouldnt go for that. i have had her order parts over the phone and she can usually get about 25% off...

• I used motercycle lights on mine and just put the stick on type when I had inspection.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• here is a pic of the front of my old jeep. had a spare set of motorcycle turn signals in the garage and used them on the front grill. they were very bright for the size.

• Geoff, DMV guy wouldn't pass those little round LEDs for turn signals on the Blue jeep........ just sayin' And they really didn't like the stock front ones that Pat had stuck on the sides....not reflective lenses.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!