BBQ Saturday at Quadna and Icky's

• hey everyone,
    i put together a list of the stuff i have for the bbq during the morning while we decorate our jeeps for the parade. i'm still looking for someone to bring drinks for everyone and anything else they may want to add for our group.

here's what i picked up at sam's today after work...

20 bratwurst
    40 burger patties
    american cheese singles
    buns for all of the above
    plenty of ketchup and mustard
    plenty of paper plates
    plenty of plastic cups

that's the basics folks. please post up here if you will be bringing anything over so that we won't end up with 25 family-sized bags of potato chips!

oh, and here's the directions one more time in this thread for anyone not sure of the way...

from north or south.
    come through the center of dover on route 13. turn west on route 8 (also known as division street) and continue on this road through the west end of dover. keep an eye out for the wawa that will be on your left hand side. once passing the wawa you'll have exactly 2 miles to go on route 8. our house is on the right side of route 8 with a mailbox hanging out into the road. it's the first driveway past the animal hospital and about 100 yards before the amish store (byler's market). a two-story house with a 2 jeep garage facing the road. look for lots of jeeps :grin:
    chris

p.s does anyone want to call shotgun on the grill with me? :grin:

• I'll bring some hot dogs for the kids. Also a 24 pack of pepsi. Should we all bring our own candy for us to throw out. :question: Also I would help out with the grill but since I have my two daughters with me I'm not sure if I would be much help since I have to keep an eye on them. I'll do what I can though. Also what should we bring to decorate with. I didn't go last year so I'm not sure what your looking for.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I'll bring a couple of different kinds of two-liter-bottle drinks....and 25 family-sized bags of chips! I can help out on the grill as well once I get BlueJ all cleaned up.

• I can grab a bottle of soda and a bag of chips on my way down. REPEAT: I'll be bringing ONE bag of chips.

Is it going to be possible to clean our vehicles there? I don't know if I'll have time before, or what the weather is going to do before then. I'd hate to clean it up tomorrow and then drive down there in the snow.

I'll try and clean it tomorrow though at lunch or something.

Paul

• Quote from "BDLSTOY"

Should we all bring our own candy for us to throw out. :question: Also what should we bring to decorate with. I didn't go last year so I'm not sure what your looking for.

Same questions here. Also what time is the gathering going to start? I will bring some juice for the kids and some chips or something.

Jason

• sounds like chips and pop will be covered for the shindig. how about someone drag along some potato salad, macaroni salad, or baked beans (cans are fine)?

paul - i'll have the hose in the back yard and a bucket/sponge/soap available if you need to hit it when you get here.

jason - as early as you want to get here. i figure we need to be on the road to the parade by noonish...so maybe plan to be here a couple of hours prior...that way there will be time to first decorate and then relax with some lunch.
    chris

• Here are some pics from the last parade:

Tom's Mutt:

My Jeep (note the windshield wipers wrapped in streamers)

Steve's KJ:

Kenny's TJ:

Quadna's TJ:

That should give everyone an idea of some of the decorating that went on last year :grin: I went to Michaels to see if they had anything fun this year and they had NOTHING (seems as though they forgot St. Patty's Day existed with the early Easter this year). ACMoore was much more helpful and I bought a ton of stuff there for this year's parade! :)

• Quote from "quadna71"

...or baked beans (cans are fine)?

Done... I'll bring the cans of beans.

DrJ (pull my finger)

• I ended up buying a 24 pack of Pepsi, a 24 Pack of Slice and 2 8 packs of hot dogs. I also went to the local party good store and got several large Shamrocks and a large roll of streamers and 10 St. Patricks Day party hats. Some for the little kids and some for the big kids. I also got 3 big bags of candy. I'm sure my kids will have thrown it all out in the first block.
    See ya there :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "wanderlust"

So Icky, is everyone responsible for getting their own decorating stuff?

Yup, that's how it was handled last year. Just stop by a party store or a craft store sometime and pick some green stuff up.

• My Jeep's already greened up. I need some orange!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'll grab some mac salad and some juice box things for the kids, maybe add another pack of dogs/rolls.

Do we need plates/plasticwear? I have a supply from Sams. Let me know by 2:30 since after that I won't be back on the board.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Quote from "DrJ"

Done... I'll bring the cans of beans.

DrJ (pull my finger)

I better bring toilet paper then. :repuke:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I picked up mac salad, cole slaw another pack of dogs/rolls. I will throw plates and plasticwear in also.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• I'm planning on coming to the shindig, too, but I won't get out of work until 1030, so that'll put me there @ 1100.

I can bring whatever needs to be brought, just say the word....????????

(unless someone tells me otherwise, I'll just bring a couple 12 packs
    of soda)

Chuck

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• I really wanted to come to this but we only got one axle dobe today so I am headiung back to seaford tommorrow to finish the rear axle... you all have fun and hit some kids with candy for me

• It looks like we're covered on pre-parade food so I'll pick up a few of bags of throwing candy for the club.

What time are we meeting in the morning?

• I'm sick as dog. I'll miss the shindig but WILL make the parade. Are we meeting at Spencers at 12:30pm?
    Have a burger for me (2).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!