WTB a TJ-- mods welcome-- 4 cylinders not so much

• Now that the JK has moved onto its new owner my garage is looking pretty empty. I have started looking for a TJ that needs to be streetable. It needs to have a 6cylinder, or possibly a 4cyl(would need to be REALLY nice). Beyond that all the other options are negotiable. Of course I would like long arms, ARB’s and 60’s on at least 37’s for under $10k but something tells me that’s not what’s going to happen. Tell me of any that you know of for sale.or any that could ‘liberated’ from their lack of use. (BlueJ that’s you…haha..good luck finding that gremlin)

Don
    “I don’t have to pay to fix it, so sure try it!”

... (BlueJ that’s you…haha..good luck finding that gremlin)

:cuss: Ouch! BlueJ's been in pieces in a garage for the last month.... but it is supposed to be done today! We'll see...

• I have a better idea, spend the money on my jeep cause you know it will get used. The short bus will look good sittin on 40's Dana 60's long arm kit with a linked rear. If the empty space in your garage is still an issue I'll pak it over there for you.

• Andrew, I have been driving by it in the garage for the last month seeing it being worked on. I saw they pulled it out yesterday, hopefully that means all is good.

Unfortunately, no. I thought so too on Friday when I saw it out of the garage, but they just needed that bay for another truck. Ramon, the owner of that place, is waiting to receive the replacement part (a clockspring) after sending back an incorrect one. Soon, I hope...

• I couldn't buy and drive someone elses build.
    It would be like marring his Ex wife.

Justin has a great rig though.

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

• I couldn't buy and drive someone elses build.
    It would be like marring his Ex wife.

Justin has a great rig though.

i think just the opposite. for what he has into it you would spend a ton more to do it your self. with all the decent parts on it, it is a decent platform for what don is looking for. only thing id change is the short arm which he says he has some long arm stuff to go with the deal. pretty sure this is what don was looking for

• i think just the opposite. for what he has into it you would spend a ton more to do it your self. with all the decent parts on it, it is a decent platform for what don is looking for. only thing id change is the short arm which he says he has some long arm stuff to go with the deal. pretty sure this is what don was looking for

Haha thanks guys. Yeah I didn't list it on here because I didn't want it to go to anyone around here lol, but Don's a cool dude he came and looked at it yesterday :beer:

• I agree that Justin has a great rig. No question there.
    Even Justin has the creepies about listing on here. LOL

I had a hard time letting my wreck go. It is going to a guy I know.
    At least he is going to pull it apart and use the parts between 2
    different Jeeps. No one will be driving it. LOL

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

• If you haven’t found your ride yet I’ll through mine into the ring for $10K. [size=2]I’ve been kicking around selling it as it doesn’t get used much and I really need a pickup. If you have a trade I am looking for an 02 to 05 Dodge quad cab, 4WD with a 5.7 and a manual transmission.[/size]
    It’s a 02 Sport, 110K, 4.0, 5-speed, (8, that’s right 8 wheels and tires) 33 x 10.50 BFG’s on Canyons for winter and wheeling plus 32-inch Dunlops on Rubicon wheels for street driving. 13 wheels and tires in total.

What I remember off the top of my head:
    Dana 44 w/ 3.73’s
    Open rear, lock right in front
    Warn M8000
    1 ¼ inch body life
    1 inch MML
    OME 2 inch suspension lift
    Belly up skid
    Skid row engine skid
    Gas tank moved up
    Kustom bumpers
    Hardtop
    3 ply sailcloth soft-top in excellent shape
    Electric on board air
    CB
    Factory amp, sub woofer, sound bar with upgraded speakers and an aux input added. [size=2]Sound pretty good and looks factory so no one will want to steal it[/size]
    More stuff I don’t remember
    The Jeep has been wheeled, but I am one of those guys that buff out any scratches and I had the one single dent (minor) fixed right away.

You could likely run 35’s on it now, but I am at the point where it’s still a fun driver and very capable off road. [size=2]With the hardtop and the “street tires” on, road trips are bearable. I’m 48 and my kids are young, ymmv.[/size]
    Here are some more details and lots of pictures, but I haven't updated those pages in quite a while:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fzmax/Jeep/Jeep_2.html
    [size=2]The carpet got wet last year and I have not yet replaced it.[/size]
    [/color]
    [size=0pt][/color][/size]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!