** DEJA trail ride @ Big Dogs June 8-10 **

• Getting this thread started a little early. For those that don't know Big Dogs is some of the best rock crawling on the east coast. Located down in Gore, VA it's only open limited weekends throughout the year and this is probably the second biggest event. Typically most people from DEJA get down on Thursday evening, wheel Friday and Saturday (sometimes Sunday) and head home. Camping is primitive and, to be honest, it's basically a big party with various forms of debauchery and craziness. It's an overused cliche but what happens at Big Dogs...

http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index.html
    http://www.delawareja.com/foru…13723.msg188767#msg188767

Let's get the list started. Personally I have something on the 8th and my Jeep is still half busted but I'm going to figure out a way to make it happen.

1) Stafford

Oh and I think I'm going to bring something to one up magnesium...very exothermic...

• [size=11px]1) Stafford[/size][/size][size=11px]2) KnoxRents3) Solomi - bringing the deep fryer and grill. Plan on grilling some pineapples in addition to all the goodness last time.
    4)JeepSahara - going to be there either with my Jeep or riding shotgun[/size]

• I'm in! Planning to arrive Thurs afternoon/evening. I know that they say we can't reserve campsites but some other clubs have been doing it, maybe we should try. I'll bring the fryer basket we used last year and some other stuff, gotta think about it.

1) Stafford
    2) KnoxRents
    3) Solomi - bringing the deep fryer and grill. Plan on grilling some pineapples in addition to all the goodness last time.
    4) JeepSahara - going to be there either with my Jeep or riding shotgun
    5) Shorebird

Fixed it. - KC

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Edited once, last by Keith_C ().

• 1) Stafford
    2) KnoxRents
    3) Solomi - bringing the deep fryer and grill. Plan on grilling some pineapples in addition to all the goodness last time.
    5) Shorebird
    6) J-Man - bringing magnesium :mrgreen:

• 1) Stafford
    2) KnoxRents
    5) Shorebird
    6) J-Man - bringing magnesium :mrgreen:
    7) astape - bringing some nice cedar firewood

• Reallllly not in the mood to talk about this.... :censored:

Without consulting a calendar I bought tix and planned a trip on the same weekend. Yeah, I'm a dumbass. :doh:

Guess I'll be waiting until Sep for a BD trip.

• Reallllly not in the mood to talk about this.... :censored:

Without consulting a calendar I bought tix and planned a trip on the same weekend. Yeah, I'm a dumbass. :doh:

Guess I'll be waiting until Sep for a BD trip.

Quit acting like it's a trip to get your hair pulled out one strand at a time. We're going to drink beer and lots of it. ::)

• Quit acting like it's a trip to get your hair pulled out one strand at a time. We're going to drink beer and lots of it. ::)

And that doesn't happen at Big Dogs ever. ;)

I know the feeling of scheduling conflicts as well as anyone but let me be the first to say....IAN YOU SUCK!!!!

Are dogs allowed?

Yes

• And that doesn't happen at Big Dogs ever. ;)

I know the feeling of scheduling conflicts as well as anyone but let me be the first to say....IAN YOU SUCK!!!!

Yes

He gets much love from me because I know how much he would rather go to Big Dogs but I'd be disappointed. :hug:

• 1) Stafford
    2) KnoxRents
    5) Shorebird
    6) J-Man - bringing magnesium
    7) astape - bringing some nice cedar firewood
    8) Jeffsjk- the short bus will have room......

• Hmm... 1 hr 40 min from here.

I couldn't keep up with you guys though.

Any other light-weights going?

Yes, I believe Randy said he was doing a second group.
    Ive taken my dog a couple times. They can swim with in view of camp

• I took off and registered. I'm not sure I trust the jeep wheeling that far away at this point.

We'll get you home Steve. Don't worry about that.

We can always piece together a semi-legal Jeep that you can drive home and Aaron or I will trailer you. (I'll bring my windshield in case we need mine.)

Yes, I believe Randy said he was doing a second group.
    Ive taken my dog a couple times. They can swim with in view of camp

Yeah Keith. There are plenty of great guide groups either way. FWIW, we usually go semi-light in the morning before turning it up in the afternoon. You could always right seat after noon. :)

• Yeah Keith. There are plenty of great guide groups either way. FWIW, we usually go semi-light in the morning before turning it up in the afternoon. You could always right seat after noon. :)

Yet somehow it seems like all of my damage occurs in the morning. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the night before.

• I drive to Big Dogs, and consider it part of the "adventure". For me it's less than 45 min further than RC, and like Billy said there are ways to get you home. When the Black trails turn Red we know how to bypass to get to a parallel trail and watch our "Big Dogs" play! Let's get some more "light weights" on the list!!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!