delaware vehicle surf permit rules

• if i buy a tag for the jeep and am actively fishing but my girlfriend and daughter are just sunning is that legal ? Delaware seems to be a little more difficult than Maryland. At assateague i could fish and the rest of the family could do whatever. The way i read the delaware rules, everybody has to have a rod and reel in the water.

• if i buy a tag for the jeep and am actively fishing but my girlfriend and daughter are just sunning is that legal ? Delaware seems to be a little more difficult than Maryland. At assateague i could fish and the rest of the family could do whatever. The way i read the delaware rules, everybody has to have a rod and reel in the water.

No idea how you came up with that.

The permit holder has to be "actively engaged in fishing".

Pretty clear IMO:

Permit Information

Permit-holder must be actively engaged in surf fishing when the vehicle is out on the beach. Appropriate fishing gear must be present - bait, tackle, pole.

• while reading through all of the license and beach use rules i'd have to say it's pretty confusing......i won't ask any more quastions

• at the delaware stste park site this is mentioned numerous times " a beach permit may be issued to a vehicle for the SOLE purpose of fishing" you win Keith, i'm not going to get in a pissing match over how dumb I am....

• at the delaware stste park site this is mentioned numerous times " a beach permit may be issued to a vehicle for the SOLE purpose of fishing" you win Keith, i'm not going to get in a pissing match over how dumb I am....

Not calling you dumb or looking for a pissing match.

Anyone can WALK out onto the beach and lay in the sun.

Those rules only cover the vehicle and the permit holder of the tag affixed to said vehicle.

Get the tag, take the family out and have a great time. :fishing: :beer:

• where can one go to get the permit

OEF 2011-12<br />Its not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it&#039;s the blood you share, your family, your friends, your community, these are the most important things a man can have.

• where can one go to get the permit

You may purchase a surf fishing permit online, at any park office (with the exception of Fort Delaware and Wilmington State Parks), at the Parks central office in the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control at 89 Kings Highway in Dover, or at the following retail establishments:

New Castle County

Eastern Marine
    (302) 737-6603
    931 S Chapel Street, Newark, DE 19713
    Annual Pass and Surf Permit

Kent County:

Dover Air Force Base-Outdoor Recreation
    (302) 677-5553
    Building 124, Air Force Base, Dover, DE 19903
    Carlisle's Marine, Inc.
    (302) 389-0100
    49 Artisan Drive, Smyrna, DE 19977

Sussex County:

Sam's Fishing & Tackle
    (302) 424-0197
    14260 Teatown Road, Greenwood, DE 19950

• When it comes to permits and Delaware, there is no 'dumb' question. It is better to ask and understand, then pay a fine later on....

Driving on the beach is the ONLY way my family and I head to the water. Pack everything the family wants and carry nothing. I even try and catch fish, usually. (always take the gear and tackle)

When we are more inclined to play, we try and stay away from those that look like they are serious about fishing. Then we set up, chairs / towels for the ladies and my son sets up a small soccer space, then kicks my butt.

I always remember to have enough man-sodas.

Enjoy the surf tag and have fun with your family.

A

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!