Ed's, Brian's, Mike's, John's, Luke's, Paul's & Don's boat thread

• What kind of boat did you buy? Just remember BOAT means Break Out Another Thousand! That's no joke either. I have one and love it and it's truly relaxing but lots of maint goes into them also!

(Split from the "What did you do to your Jeep today" thread - Quadna)

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Edited once, last by quadna ().

• Bought a Sea Ray bowrider. And tell me about that saying. I buy it, hook up the trailer, 15 minutes down the road I blow out a trailer tire. Boat owner for 15 minutes are already spending money :doh:

Did order a wake board tower and stereo tonight!

• What kind of boat did you buy? Just remember BOAT means Break Out Another Thousand! That's no joke either. I have one and love it and it's truly relaxing but lots of maint goes into them also!

I can vouch for this. Here is my tab for the last 3 weeks.

New Starter $160
    New Oil/ps cooler $300
    Fresh oil filter $10
    water separator $10
    Updated Flares $40
    2 Gallons marine oil $55
    Renew Boat US membership/ Unlimited towing $150
    Renew Boat registration x3 years $60
    Renew Trailer Registration x2 years $80 + 10 late fee
    Renew Boat insurance $312
    Repair canvas top $50

Grand Total $1237 and I did all of my own labor, minus sewing the top and still haven't washed or fueled it. :doh:

Now Im thinking of selling it.
    - Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Nice boat Ed. What kind is it?

You keep it somewhere or trailer it? Where you run to most of the time. We have a 26 ft Crownline Cabin Cruiser so not nearly as fast as yours but we got it more for overnights and relaxing on!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I grew up boating on the Elk River and the Chesapeake Bay. My parents had a 25 ft Larson with a full cabin that we boated as far south as the Solomons in VA, sleeping on the boat as we went. Had a lot of good times. Scary times too crossing the bay with a bad storm coming in. Buried the bow under the water a bunch during that storm!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Nice boat Ed. What kind is it?

You keep it somewhere or trailer it? Where you run to most of the time. We have a 26 ft Crownline Cabin Cruiser so not nearly as fast as yours but we got it more for overnights and relaxing on!

Thanks! Its an 88 Stingray Maxim 222. Its got a 454 330hp with Bravo drive. Someone repainted it at one point and removed all the Teak and replaced it with Starboard. I keep it at my house and usually launch it at Delaware City. Typically run down to the Chesapeake inn and to the Bohemia. Id like to hit the Sassafrass this year(Lloyds creek or something) but im not real familar with the area.

• Thanks! Its an 88 Stingray Maxim 222. Its got a 454 330hp with Bravo drive. Someone repainted it at one point and removed all the Teak and replaced it with Starboard. I keep it at my house and usually launch it at Delaware City. Typically run down to the Chesapeake inn and to the Bohemia. Id like to hit the Sassafrass this year(Lloyds creek or something) but im not real familar with the area.

I had mine out on the bohemia this past weekend. Just a 20 foot yamaha jet boat still tons of fun.

• Nice boat. And my tab is worse right now :bang:

Id like to hit the Sassafrass this year(Lloyds creek or something) but im not real familar with the area.

Great little cove there! If you want someone to show you where it is, let me know. Check out Farley Creek (Jellyfish Joels) also. Very cool place too!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Sassafras has a really nice cove just off the first bouy. I think it's called Ordinary Point but it's been many years since I've been there. Going into the mouth of the river the river turns hard left. The cove is just to the left. There's a thin finger of land that juts out forming the cove and serves as a breaker. As I recall the depth is good and you can get close to the land.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• You guys can come down with us to the beach house (on the Sassafrass) and launch it from the neighborhood ramp (can take it to Annapolis or other places from there).

Thanks! Its an 88 Stingray Maxim 222. Its got a 454 330hp with Bravo drive. Someone repainted it at one point and removed all the Teak and replaced it with Starboard. I keep it at my house and usually launch it at Delaware City. Typically run down to the Chesapeake inn and to the Bohemia. Id like to hit the Sassafrass this year(Lloyds creek or something) but im not real familar with the area.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Sassafras has a really nice cove just off the first bouy. I think it's called Ordinary Point but it's been many years since I've been there. Going into the mouth of the river the river turns hard left. The cove is just to the left. There's a thin finger of land that juts out forming the cove and serves as a breaker. As I recall the depth is good and you can get close to the land.

That's Lloyds Creek. As you enter the mouth of the Sassafras from the bay it's on your Right not left. Head right at the bank and about 8 ft from shore cut hard right and enter the cove. There's rope swings and then entire cove is about 5 ft or less and enough room for 2-300 boats easily. If you want a good spot near shore and the mouth (so you can get out easily when you want) you need to be there by 9:30 or so. Nice place but as summer gets hotter the water almost gets too warm.
    Deep Creek is also nice and just around the corner from there. Obviously as the name entails, it's much deeper and you can be only a few feet from shore in 6-10 ft of water.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• This is what I turned my TJ into last year.

This is what I changed it to over the winter.

Compounded twice
    high speed polished all the bright work
    many many coats of wax
    All new electronics
    Fresh bottom paint
    new starter
    new starter solenoid
    new bildge pump
    new t-top canvas
    new bow cushions
    new consol cushions
    new consol cover
    many new fishing accessories...

The sad thing is. It is still cheaper than my TJ.

• I grew up skiing out on the Elk River at Locust Point, but now spend my time on a private lake.

Here's my toy, it's a 2007 Ski Nautique 196.

Don, Ill drive the boat if you let me fish the pond! :fishing:

• I was just driving a Ski Nautique tonight. A buddy of mine just bought a 2001 with a wake board tower and ballast box in the back so we took it out wake boarding tonight. (He wake boarded I drove! Lol) Nice boats for sure. Awesome for skiing and wakeboarding! The ballast box makes it nice to get a big wake out back!

I went a totally different route. Mines a 2003 Crownline 262 Cabin Cruiser with a 350 Mag and Bravo 3!
    My wife and kids are more into a relaxing day of Cruising and hanging out more so than going fast and skiing. When we want to do that I have a couple friends with those type boats.

Here's mine!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I grew up skiing out on the Elk River at Locust Point, but now spend my time on a private lake.

Here's my toy, it's a 2007 Ski Nautique 196.

Sweet!

I cleaned the boat today and started wiring the new stereo. Have the amp, head unit, and hull speakers wired in. Waiting on the tower and tower speakers and still need to wire in the Sirius unit.

• hey guys, i have to say that i'm jealous..... i just got rid of my 2003 35' chaparral signature due to divorce. I found that running and modifying my TJ is WAY cheaper than running and maintaining the boat. the jeep goes way further on 20 gallons than the boat ever could have with 240 gallons :up: If any of you do any offshore fishing and need someone to split the expenses every now and then shoot me a message......

• That's Lloyds Creek. As you enter the mouth of the Sassafras from the bay it's on your Right not left. Head right at the bank and about 8 ft from shore cut hard right and enter the cove. There's rope swings and then entire cove is about 5 ft or less and enough room for 2-300 boats easily. If you want a good spot near shore and the mouth (so you can get out easily when you want) you need to be there by 9:30 or so. Nice place but as summer gets hotter the water almost gets too warm.
    Deep Creek is also nice and just around the corner from there. Obviously as the name entails, it's much deeper and you can be only a few feet from shore in 6-10 ft of water.

No, it's to the left. I guess it's further up than I had thought.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Shes Purddy! Ill keep you posted the next time I go out, maybe you can show me some places.
    Where do you keep your boat or do you trailer it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!