• I cannot begin to explain, how much I absolutely HATE windows 8. Anyone else dislike it?

I know some will say "Oh, you will get used to it,..." but I am first to say, converting to a mac was 10 times easier, and this is just a disaster of an operating system.

Granted I'm using a cheap Compaq, it doesn't seem to get better anywhere.

Who uses it and actually enjoys it?

First chance I get, I'm going back to a mac!

• Seriously, I'm very seriously considering going back to Mac. It is VERY frustrating. Then I get this lovely SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error, and it restarts my computer.

It's essentially windows way of saying "Blue screen of death."

• All kidding aside, you can put Windows 7 on any new machine.. All the vendors offer the "Upgrade" free.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm putting Mac OS on my HP. Can't wait. I HATE Windows.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• All kidding aside, you can put Windows 7 on any new machine.. All the vendors offer the "Upgrade" free.

from an earlier thread:

I think I've read that only Windows 8 Pro has downgrade rights. Most new computers are pre-loaded with Windows 8 standard, which requires a purchase of downgrade rights. Still, the cost is minimal enough that I guess I shouldn't go crazy trying to find a Win 7 computer.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I have W8. No issues with it. I am not sure why people hate it so much. I ONLY use the desk top, sometimes I forget I am even using Windows 8. As far as switching to desktop mode, its literally one click. or 1 second of time to do it.
    The only thing annoying about it is when I am in the middle of something and I accidentally touch the edge of the mouse pad and it switches to the tiles.

• Well "Windows Blue" aka Windows 8.1 is scheduled to come out this summer. It should have some major upgrades plus the ability to boot directly into desktop mode. Hopefully it will be a lot better than current W8.

• Well we took a chance and grabbed a laptop with Windows 8 on it knowing the Blue update would be free in the fall.

At first, I hated it...then I got used to it. I still am not thrilled with it but it is very forward thinking and the touch screen on the laptop helps make it more user friendly.

My daughter jumped on Windows 8 and taught my wife and I a few things. She flew through the interface way faster than with Windows 7....sooooo, I'm starting to think I am just an old head and maybe Microsoft was just a bit to eager to bridge the OS-phone gap before people were ready for it.

Either way, Windows 8 is staying for now. :)

• So 8.1 is starting to win me over. Its very strong and convenient on multi-tasking. Allows me to switch between different things much faster than older versions of Windows. The APPs are starting to come a long too, but still have a way to go.

I am enjoying the hell out of the Youtube Download App which allows me to download videos and music from Youtube. I am stocking my MP3 player. Not quite sure how this is legit, but apparently it is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!