best charcoal

• Was wondering if any bar b q kings out there had a preferred charcoal.... I've used a ton of different kind and still have yet to find my favorite.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• The only thing I found d that I somewhat like is Stubbs.... Its just takes forever to heat up. Thanx for the idea I'll give it a shot.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• A two year old bag of kingsford will light right up with just a match.

We always bought that for the Spring Flings at Killens and even when windy or wet it was always ready quick.

• Freightland is hosting the state of Delaware BBQ Championship this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They have carnival rides as well. Family and I may hit Day in Old New Castle then swing down there to get some grub...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Never thought about Lowes damn.... I've used the jack Daniels with the barrel chips in it... Its pretty decent but it burns way to hot.. You almost gotta sit out there and watch it. Which I don't mind but in the winter time a beer isn't as enjoyable as it is in the summer.

• Kingsford! Proper lighting requires a couple of things, lots of good quality lighter fluid, and the proper amount of air. Also charcoal takes 15-20 minutes to be ready.

• I guess since we are on the topic of grilling and charcoal... Anyway wanna swap marinade ideas for steak... I'm so hit and miss with it sometimes haha.... Just trying to get some pointers I'm on my second year of hardcore grilling besides hotdogs and hamburgers and really getting into it...

• Kingsford! Proper lighting requires a couple of things, lots of good quality lighter fluid, and the proper amount of air. Also charcoal takes 15-20 minutes to be ready.

lighter fluid, really? Grab a starter stove and some newspapers. My grill has never seen one drop of lighter fluid.

A grill with an adjustable rack will do wonders for your heat problem.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Still blows my mind that left over car scraps facilitated the need to produce charcoal in mass quantities.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• lighter fluid, really? Grab a starter stove and some newspapers. My grill has never seen one drop of lighter fluid.

A grill with an adjustable rack will do wonders for your heat problem.

x2 on the lighter fluid... never had a ''grilling'' use for that stuff :innocent: I use Kingsford and have never had any issues w/ it

I read that last part as "a girl w/ an adjustable rack" :hmm:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I guess since we are on the topic of grilling and charcoal... Anyway wanna swap marinade ideas for steak... I'm so hit and miss with it sometimes haha.... Just trying to get some pointers I'm on my second year of hardcore grilling besides hotdogs and hamburgers and really getting into it...

Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper never fails.
    But if I do marinade my steak I use a salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, zesty italian dressing, and worchestershire sauce mixer. I've never measured the amounts so its all eyeballed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!