Props to Ruggged Ridge

• This is a small thing, but I wanted to share with the gang. While TheDarkSide and I were searching for the cause of my recent clicking noise in the front of my TJ, we noticed that the passenger side tie rod end was shot. It had plenty of play in it. I had bought the tie rod from Rugged Ridge after bending mine at Big Dogs. It was a long shot, but I called Rugged Ridge and spoke with an excellent customer service rep named Ryan Michael. I was informed that that part was under a five year warranty, and it turned out it was weeks away from expiring. I couldn't find a receipt, naturally, but I found proof of the purchase via an old bank statements. Ryan also informed me that that part had been redesigned in the meantime. He shipped me the replacement tie rod end under warranty, and it just arrived. I really appreciate this example of outstanding customer service. Thanks Rugged Ridge! Again, I just wanted to share. Jim

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• awesome to hear customer support still exists. thanks for sharing. it seems RR is changing their reputation in the industry :up: :up:

• Now, now. Let's be nice. BTW, probably everyone else except me already knows this, but Rugged Ridge is part of Omix-ADA. It's not an independent company, but its customer service remains at the RR headquarters (Georgia??). I think Omix-ADA is out of the Chicago area.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• My comment wasn't meant to be any more that my standard cynical/smartass self but it's not really an example of great customer service, it's just them honoring their standard warranty. Anyways, glad to hear they replaced it free of charge. I think the most impressive part of the story is that you still have bank records from nearly 5 years ago. :)

• Holy thread resurrection, batman!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Omix owns Alloy USA and I can attest they've been really great about warranty replacements for Dana 30 axle shafts!

Thats good to hear, I bought Alloy USA rear axle shafts for my Scout 44 because Moser will not warranty shafts with less than 31 splines.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!