Preliminary talk on the RC board about Club Comp dates

• There is a thread on the RC board discussing possible dates for the club competition.

Here: http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php?topic=21032

If you would like to compete, post what date you'd prefer here and I'll let Jim know which date is best.

Hopefully we can find a legal team again this year. It's getting tougher as more and more people build past class 2.

• I'm in for it again.

I am competing Class 1 in RcRocs, so the second date works better for me. Plus April 19th is the day before Easter. :down:

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• So for my rig to compete, I need a 4pt harness AND a full cage. I wont have a cage before the club comp. :(

Class 1 only requires a 3 point harness so you are good there and a factory cage is perfectly fine as long as you leave the windshield in as that is the A pillar on a factory cage.

Plus April 19th is the day before Easter. :down:

I'll definitely have to get home right after the comp if they pic that date.

I'm game to compete this year since I missed the last couple but will judge also if need be. That was fun. :)

• So for my rig to compete, I need a 4pt harness AND a full cage. I wont have a cage before the club comp. :(

Glenn, if I didn't have a front locker i'd say lets do class one..... having two lockers knocks me out of 1 and I don't have the equipment needed for class two.... oh well maybe next year

• :innocent:

Glenn, if I didn't have a front locker i'd say lets do class one..... having two lockers knocks me out of 1 and I don't have the equipment needed for class two.... oh well maybe next year

Yep, 2 lockers and 35's..no class one. No 4pt, no cage.... now if I could convince Nancy to let us put 33's on her Rubi.... or if DEJA wants to "Donate" a full cage for my TJ.... Just sayin...

• Class 1 Street Stock

33" or smaller tire DOT approved (readily available to the public). NO stickys.

Minimum 3 point harness or factory seat belt.

No long arm suspensions (no aftermarket arm 3 inches longer than factory).

Suspension must be of a type as used by factory for that vehicle(no air shocks, air bag or coil over suspension unless factory). Shock protrusion up to 3 inch through any part of the body with a maximum of a 6 inch hole..

No altered wheelbase more than 3 inches.

No ram or hydro assist steering.

All Front axles must be factory axles for that vehicle (I.E. Ford Bronco can run a dana 44, Jeep YJ runs a Dana 30, Jeep Tj can run a Dana 30 or Rubicon 44 (no waggy swap ins)).

All factory rear axles allowed for that vehicle (I.E. Ford Bronco can run a 9-inch). The following REAR axles upgrades are allowed: 8.8, Dana 44, Toyota, Dana35, AMC 20, Chrysler 8.25, Ford 9", Chevy 12 bolt and dana 60.

No rear steer.

Springover axle flips allowed on leaf sprung vehicles.

No solid axle swaps

Aftermarket axleshafts allowed.

One locker ONLY but not mandatory (Limited Slip is NOT a locker) (LSD's are allowed along with one locker).

Any vehicle with 2 lockers may not compete UNLESS one locker can be disconnected manually and not used. ANY use of 2 locker's will mean immediate disqualification from the competition (if you have 2 lockers you may choose which one to use and manually disconnect the other. NO switching). May disconnect hub and tape shut. (NO switching during a course but between courses is OK).

COMPLETE factory cage or add-on aftermarket cage a must IF the stock roof has been modified or vehicle has a soft top. ALL vehicles must have windshield spreader bars (sorry CJ guys!).

All Windshields must be upright and tied-in as factory, if not then a front passenger cage addition MUST be added along with a spreader bar. Windshield area must be solid and safe to be allowed to run without a cage front hoop. This is subject to marshall inspection at any time.

Doors optional. If doors are removed a roll bar/cage must cover the drivers compartment area.

Tow points: must have 1 tow point front and rear.

No comp cut fenders or body (flat fenders are allowed) and no dove tailing.

Fender can be no higher than the line on the cowl. Inner fender only needs to cover against fluid spray.

Body cannot be modified for tire clearance, slight trimming allowed by marshall discretion (cannot cut fender well wide open for no lift, but can trim an inch for rubbing purposes).

Low-range kits allowed, doublers allowed.

NO disengaging of REAR axles (no front dig/burn). Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.

Aftermarket gears allowed.

No independent wheel manipulation.

Front and rear of vehicle must have lights or stickers that resemble lights. Front clip/grill must be in stock location.

Frame of vehicle must have the same dimensions as factory. No frame modifications allowed for a competitive advantage. Frame modifications for a production suspension kit allowed. Vehicle must have suspension mounted in factory locations on frame. Chassis must run stock type suspension mounts. This area subject to tech approval.

Hand throttles must self return.

Must have 2 front seats in stock locations at all times while running courses.

Class 2 Super Stock

34-37" tires DOT approved (readily available to the public). NO stickys.

Long arm suspensions allowed (no more than 3 inches longer wheelbase than factory).

Springover kits allowed on leaf sprung vehicles.

Minimun 4 point harness.

Suspension must be of a type as used by factory (no air shocks, air bag or coil over suspension unless factory). Shocks may have up to a 6 inch protrusion through the body.

Ram or Hydro assist steering allowed (no full hydro).

Aftermarket axle assemblies allowed ( I.E. 8.8, 9", 12 bolts, 60's ) (I.E. no tractor axles or Portals unless factory) (Axles must be readily available).

No rear steer.

Aftermarket axleshafts allowed.

ONE locker MANDATORY front or rear. TWO lockers allowed.

Full roll cage in all rigs (even in SUV type trucks I.E. XJ or Full size Bronco). Full roll cage and must be tied into frame.

Doors optional. If doors are removed a roll bar/cage must cover the drivers compartment area.

Windshields on Jeeps must be upright and tied-in as factory, if not then a front passenger cage addition MUST be added along with a spreader bar. Must be safe and secure.

Winch optional.

Tow points: must have 1 tow point front and rear.

Minor body trimming, bobbed beds, and comp cuts allowed. No dove tailing. Comp cut can not go above highest point of rear fender opening from factory.

Fender can be no higher than cowl line. Inner fender only needs to cover against fluid spray.

Low-range kits allowed.

NO disengaging of rear axles (no front dig/burn). Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.

Must have 2 front seats in stock locations at all times while running courses.

Aftermarket gears allowed.

No independent wheel manipulation.

Frame of vehicle must have the same dimensions as factory. No frame modifications allowed for a competitive advantage. Frame modifications for a production suspension kit allowed. This area subject to tech approval.

Front and rear of vehicle must have lights or stickers that resemble lights. Front clip/grill must be in stock location.

Solid axle swaps are allowed as long as it still retains the stock style suspension and the frame is not altered.

Hand throttles must self return.

• Whoa, whoa, whoa.....I think we are over thinking this.

If you fit into class one or two. You are fine. That means any Jeep in production unless it is 2wd.

A wrangler comes stock with a "cage". Unless you cut the thing off and it looks like a Willy's, you are fine. You just can't remove the windshield frame because as I mentioned before, it is the A pillar.

I can't think of anyone in this club that can't compete.

EDIT: I just realized the rules aren't clear on the RC board so I'm trying to get something more clear on their board.

• Things are relaxed for the Club Comp.

Here's the jist from last year.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Class 2 Tech Inspection

 37” Tire Max, No Stickies.

 Factory Type Suspension (SOA & long arm OK, NO coilover, air shocks, etc) (NO more than 3" wheelbase change from stock)

 No Full Hydro Steering

 No Portal, Tractor, Rockwell Axles, etc (must be readily avaiable to public)

 1 Locker Min

 No Dove Tail or Tubed Out (tube bed OK as long as no competative advantage)

 No Independent Wheel Manipulation (hydraulics, 4 winches, airbags, etc)

 No Frame Modifications (unless required for production suspension system)

 Lights or Stickers that Resemble Lights & Front Grill/Clip in Stock Location

 All Windshields must be upright and tied-in as factory, if not then a front passenger cage addition MUST be added along with a spreader bar. Windshield area must be solid and safe. COMPLETE factory cage or add-on cage IF stock roof has been modified or vehicle has soft top. All vehicles must have windshield spreader bars. Doors optional. If doors are removed a roll bar/cage must cover the drivers compartment area.

Class 3 Tech Inspection

 No Rear Steer or Rear Steer Locked Out

 No Independent Wheel Manipulation (hydraulics, 4 winches, airbags, etc)

Safety Check

 Battery Tie Down

 Cage (must be tied to windshield) or Hardtop and Doors

 Properly Working Seatbelts or 3 Point Harness (minimum)

 Front and Rear Tow Points

 All Interior Items Secure

 Fire Extinghuishers

 Helmets

 Hand Throttle Self Return

• Ok, thats why I was asking..... Would like to compete but wont have a lot of extra $$$ to spend before then.

a TJ is fine stock - cage wise. if you want to run without the windshield, you need to have a trail cage added in so you have protection. I removed the windshield and doors when I did it on 33s, and the front half (add in trail cage) was all I had.

• Putting up some clearer rules would be great. I think i'd like to try this out but don't want to wind up in a class under equipped

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!