PA Jeeps Show July 2014

• [size=small]Looking at making this my first trip to a Jeep event... had a couple questions about logistics for anyone who has gone before.

1) When does registration usually open?

2) The info from last year says onsite camping is first come first served, and that office hours for the administration building are on Friday mornings? Do you really need to get there a day early to secure a spot (and is that recommended), or can you arrive Saturday morning and still find a spot to camp? Does the camping area usually "sell out?"[/size]

3) I plan to tent camp and will need no hook-ups... is it mostly people doing the same or are there a lot of RV's? Are they 'designated" sites (marked off with boundaries) or do you just claim whatever area is available based on your needs? Any limit to the number of "structures" per site (i.e. can you do multiple smaller tents rather than one large one, and/or can you put up a pop-up shade tent in addition to your sleeping tent(s)?
    [size=small]
    4) If I'm not interested in doing the obstacle course or ramp, is there any reason to stay for Sunday? Are the show awards given on Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon? Do you have to be present to win raffle prizes?

5) What generally happens on Saturday night? Do people wander around York PA, or do they generally stay and party in the campground? I assume you can bring your own adult beverages into the grounds if you are camping... can you also bring them into the show/vendor area or do you need to purchase from "official" vendors during the day?

Thanks in advance for the info... I guess we can also use this thread to post up an attendee list etc as we get closer to the date.[/size]

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

Edited once, last by Mudflaps ().

• I'll definitely be up at least on Saturday - waiting to see if Hubs can get off work, I might camp might not if on my own, lots of variables at the moment.

Hope this helps!!! Its a great time and a great event!

• I do hope to see you there and if you want I'll save you a spot for "Camp DEJA". Let me know.
    If you want to convoy up Friday afternoon...Let me know.

Oh yes, shower uses coins ($.50). In other words...you have to pay to shower.

• Thanks for all the info. Looks like I will take the day off on Friday, load up Mudflaps with all the camping gear for the weekend, and plan on pitching a tent at the DEJA compound (if you will have me) through Sunday. I guess six cases of beer would probably be enough?

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• I'm planning on attending the show this year. Rick Bear usually posts the details on this site.

I was thinking about doing a DEJA booth this year. Is anyone up for taking turns hanging out at a booth?

• Sounds like a good event. Do they have RV parking? If they do, we could make that the DEJA Command Center!

Yes.
    You can set up in the "camping" area if you intend on staying a couple nights or, I think, you can set up on the track where the booth will be.

• I'd be glad to spend some time at the booth if we have one. Perhaps we could also find smaller new items in our garages to put together a "Basket of Jeep Cheer," for a raffle prize?

Edited once, last by Mudflaps ().

• I'm putting my registration forms in the mail today! :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!