Skiing and Riding

• Is anyone going to take advantage of this snow storm this weekend? I'm considering running up to Blue Mountain on Saturday or Sunday to get a day of skiing in. My wife is working this weekend so I'll probably be solo.

• My older son is heading up to Stowe tomorrow morning for the weekend with a school trip. I had the opportunity to go as a chaperone, but I had already made Valentine's plans with the wife to go on a wine tour of Lancaster County on Saturday. Now that it looks like that's going to be snowed out, I am SO jealous... especially when I found out that they have an all-you-can-eat Ben and Jerry's buffet on Saturday night.

I'd join you at Blue Mountain, but with it being a holiday weekend, the place will be packed, the lift lines will be huge, the newbs will be scattered all over the hill, and the lift tickets will be the most expensive of any weekend this year. That's recipe for a bad day on the mountain in my book...

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• My older son is heading up to Stowe tomorrow morning for the weekend with a school trip. I had the opportunity to go as a chaperone, but I had already made Valentine's plans with the wife to go on a wine tour of Lancaster County on Saturday. Now that it looks like that's going to be snowed out, I am SO jealous... especially when I found out that they have an all-you-can-eat Ben and Jerry's buffet on Saturday night.

I'd join you at Blue Mountain, but with it being a holiday weekend, the place will be packed, the lift lines will be huge, the newbs will be scattered all over the hill, and the lift tickets will be the most expensive of any weekend this year. That's recipe for a bad day on the mountain in my book...

True, I didnt really think about all of that. On a normal weekend you usually have to dodge newbs wiped out all over the place. I have some friends in Boston that are heading to Jay Peak for the weekend. I Thought about hoping the train to meet them up there.

• Didn't mean to harsh your buzz, dude...

I used to be a sponsored snowboarder and would often spend 50-75 days a season riding in the Poconos (plus trips to Vermont for competitions), so I'm pretty familiar with the crowd patterns at the various resorts. President's weekend is usually a horrible one. And as I mentioned, it's also the most expensive weekend of the year...

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• Went to Blue on Sunday and didn't realize it was presidents day weekend until we tried to park. Worst lines I have ever been in. From 8:30-5 we only were able to go 9 runs. If you stayed home you were smart

• Anyone interested in going to Jack Frost for the WMMR Cardboard Classic on Friday March 7th? Lift tickets are $9.33 for the day, and usually the slopes are pretty wide open in the morning as most people go to the tubing hill to watch the sleds rather than actually ski/ride. I picked up two passes just now (even though I'm not definite that I can go) but if I can work it out I'll be there.

Edited once, last by Mudflaps ().

• Anyone interested in going to Jack Frost for the WMMR Cardboard Classic on Friday March 7th? Lift tickets are $9.33 for the day, and usually the slopes are pretty wide open in the morning as most people go to the tubing hill to watch the sleds rather than actually ski/ride. I picked up two passes just now (even though I'm not definite that I can go) but if I can work it out I'll be there.

Nope, I'll be on Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington, NY that Fri-Mon. If the weather is good the wife and I are thinking of hitting Blue the weekend of the 28th.

Went to Blue on Sunday and didn't realize it was presidents day weekend until we tried to park. Worst lines I have ever been in. From 8:30-5 we only were able to go 9 runs. If you stayed home you were smart

I ended up going that Saturday and the lift lines sucked but they got about 7" of fresh snow through the day so it made for cool skiing. I dont think the groomed the night before so a lot of trails were bumped up so it made their "hard" trails a little challenging and kept a lot of new skiiers off those specific trails. All in all it was a nice day and I go 16 or so runs in.

• Weather is looking halfway decent at Blue Mountain tomorrow. I could do without the wind though but it should be clear and not busy.

If anyone else feels froggy and heads up shoot me a text.
    856.522.9677 -Matt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!