anybody have Dynomax Ultra Flo exhaust?

• I'm trying to find or make a spot to mount an air tank in/under my JK. The best option seems to be replacing the muffler and using the stock muffler location for the tank. But, I'm trying to avoid a major noise increase... a 4000 mile highway trip with loud exhaust won't be fun. From some youtube videos, the Dynomax Ultra Flo "rockcrawler" kit seems to be pretty mild, but hearing it in person is key.

Basically I need a compact muffler that'll fit between the frame and driveshaft, then a straight pipe back to an exit under the drivers tail light. That'll leave the stock muffler location (TJ fuel tank) open for a 2.5gal air tank.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I found that one before from the last thread, but I saw other videos where it was very tame. Oy... I should probably just commit, borrow a sawzall, buy a few mufflers and clamps and test until I find a quiet one...

How bad is your muffler? I've barely scraped mine. I usually land on the bumper or crossmember. I bent the tip, but that was on the comp course, holy approach angle!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I'm going to be doing the same thing. I'm going to either make or buy a skid plate for that area to protect the tank and compressor. Right now the are behind the rear seat.

• it's not too bad...but enough that it will get salt/dirt in the seams and start to rust/degrade quicker...must be the long wheelbase.

• I have the dynomax off road exhaust. It can get a bit annoying at highway cruising. But you're more then welcome to come drive my jk and get a first hand experience. Let me know.

• is yours the turn-down at the axle, or at the bumper?

Jerry / Whatevah

• ahh, was hoping the drone was from a turn-down. Yeah, I'll try to meet up with you one day. I know it won't be the same because of the different motors, but at least I'll get an idea...

Jerry / Whatevah

• I'm still thinking about this... but keeping the smaller stock muffler under the drivers seat and using the muffler from this kit immediately after it. That method got some good reviews on JKOwners. Looks like there's only enough room to squeeze in the muffler and a turndown. Would rather have a bumper exit, but we'll see.

I can get the muffler by itself on amazon, then I either need to get clamps or find somebody to weld it for me.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!