maxxis bighorn mud tires

• Have any of you run these and if so what would your review say? 4WD Hardware has these mounted and balanced on pro comp series 97 rims in 35's with all new lug nuts and center caps along with free shipping at about $1,000.00. my crawlers leak down after a couple of days and are not exactly optimum for highway/street driving.

• I had them in 3 sizes with my XJ. Excellent traction, normal wear for mud tires... the siping is only about 1/8" deep though. Not a huge deal for a mud tire, but it adds a lot of grip on wet/ice stuff. I'd get them again if the price was right...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I was going to buy the MTR's with pro comp polished wheels but when you do the math tis is a good deal. For anybody else tire shopping for MTR's they have tire only for $202.00 and shipping is only $10.00 per tire, cheapest I have seen them for .

• I wonder if they honor the club discount on top of their low price. I'll be calling tomorrow to see. Quadratec told me that they will price match on the MTR's :mrgreen:

• Well I pulled the trigger and went with the Maxis Bighorn. http://www.4wd.com had great customer service and customized a package for me. This is my first purchase through them and it was a pleasant experience. 4 35's on new pro comp 1069 alloy wheels, mounted and balanced, with new lug nuts and center caps delivered to my door for right around a thousand .
    Although their prices are really low on the MTR's I was informed that the 35x12.5x15 size is on national backorder, it could be up to 90 days before they are available again.

• Sorry, I just noticed this thread. I bought the Maxxis Bighorn 35x12.5x17 package through them about three months ago. So far, so good, although I have a few dents in the wheels after heading up to RC in April (I went with steel, I'm a cheap bastard).

4WD has free shipping on everything and is pretty attractive for PA residents because it is also tax-free. That adds up on that kind of order.

FYI, Aaron was pretty down on the pro comp lugs. He told me they can sometimes disintegrate, so I ended up swapping them for a set of McGard's.

• I'd rather have steel wheels for the trail, dents are better than cracks, I cracked one of my Mickey Thompson at the club comp....I upgraded my lugs at the time of order

• Just make sure they are real lug nuts not those external splined lugs. They snap at the base of the spline and leave the acorn on the stud. Only way to get them off is to burn them out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!