Extra lights

• I recently bought an OEM front light bar off eBay for $80..not a bad deal really. Not my favorite, but the price was right haha

Problem is that it's pre set up for three lights.

I want to fill all three platforms that are on it but there are only two pre made light kits that I can find that that have 3 lighted. I have one...the lights are 6in diameter and huge...they just don't look right to me. Probably going to return them.

With that in mind....are there any other 3 light kits that have all the wipeing done? Or how could I go about splicing a 3rd light into a 2 light kit?

---------

The reason I like the kits is because they have all the components, relays, wires, and a switch for inside the jeep..a lot easier than cobbling everything together.

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• adding a third light would not be hard. high powered "100 watt" lights pull about 8 amps a piece, so 3 would equal 24 amps. you would need a wiring harness rated higher than that to power the third light.

If you are talking 55 watt lights (standard KC style light with H3 bulb the average harness will handle it (most are rated at 25A fused if i remember correctly)

you will need wire and connectors, and you can tap into the harness to add the 3rd. i don't recall many 3 light setups on the market.

you could also make a bracket to span the 3 mounts, out of bar stock from Home depot/lowes, and drill it to hold 2 lights that are better suited for your application.

• i agree. they are not as flashy and "traditional" looking as a 6 inch off road light....but they use a lot less amperage, and are bright. i have 2 small spots from Black Box Logistics on my windshield, and they outshine my head lights. i think they are less than 120 a pair with harness.

• you could also make a bracket to span the 3 mounts, out of bar stock from Home depot/lowes, and drill it to hold 2 lights that are better suited for your application.

This is GENIUS!

Probably going to do this one since there are a lot of nice 2 light kits

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

• Went out and got an aluminum bar thats a perfect fit and I'll be slowly customizing this bar together

Now to re package and return the other light set

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!